Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
SIKTOZ
Starter Motor

Default Opinions - ED Fairmont

Hey all I signed up to the forums recently cause i statred driving my grandads xf and was after some info.
In the menatime im still on the look out for another car, now im normally a Holden man but have seen some ED Fairmonts come up for sale recently in my budget and im over having a car without the mod cons for my comute to work.

just wondering if there are any major problems that come up with them or things to look out for when inspecting them?? also what sort of price would you pay for a nice original car (slight mods) with under 150klms??

cheers,
mick

SIKTOZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Depending on reg & rwc status, I'd pay up to 2k, but that'd wanna be immaculate, with RWC and with plenty of reg.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2008, 09:35 AM   #3
SIKTOZ
Starter Motor

Thanks mate thats wat i was thinkin, also are there any 'major' probs that come up on these rigs or good maintenance should keep them at bay??

cheers
SIKTOZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2008, 10:19 AM   #4
Rob
Living the dream

Given that they're now at least 12-15 years old, expect a few electrical glitches, the usual headgasket problems, beginnings of rust, loose & tired suspension. Usual stuff.

Overall, they're a safe bet, very reliable, cheap to fix and cheap to run.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post