Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-11-2008, 10:08 PM   #1
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Eastlink usage.

Sorry its bit of a selfish post but I don't use the toll road in peak hour.

But what is the traffic like in the morning and afternoon during peak hour on Eastlink as I'll be in Clayton a few times in the next 3-4 weeks and want to know is it worth using it?

Thanks

Old 14-11-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

There is no peak on East link. Compare it to the Monash at 5.00 in the morning ... !

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #3
kevvy101
Starter Motor

Traffic flows are practically non existent, which explains their latest media release stating that they have enough cash reserves to see them out for the next year or so. Any way, I reckon it's great to use any time of the day.
kevvy101 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2008, 10:44 PM   #4
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah agree, there is no peak hour whatsoever. I am glad its tolled, makes the road quieter for me
Old 14-11-2008, 10:54 PM   #5
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Ahh ok cool, just making sure no point in paying $5 to sit in peak hour traffic.
Old 15-11-2008, 11:44 AM   #6
Buzz Box
Wheel Wally

I drove up it an AM peak and 100k's all of eastlink hit the eastern freeway at Springvale Rd bumper to bumper

Tolls = No traffic
No Tolls = Traffic

Its worth more than $5 in peak!!!
Buzz Box is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #7
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I join it Southbound at Princes Hwy at 5:30pm and it's 100km/h - unless you're behind someone who sits on 80km/h. Traffic is never heavy. I only use it for 1 toll zone - 3km for 50 cents and saves me around 5 mins
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #8
Spanrz
Hmmmmmmm!!

Daniel, should have asked me, ahaha.
I use Eastlink about 90% of the time from Narre to Clayton (hint..hint)
Eastlink flows at 100k's an hour.
I use Eastlink around 6:50am most mornings and around 4-7pm most days.
Best road ever for a dollar each way!

The only time it get's a bit slow is when stupidly over height trucks try to fit under the tunnels. Boom gates close down and so does the traffic.
Or a major accident.

Your call, but I find that traffic at the merge point of EastLink and Monash Fwy (CityBound) is very hit and miss. Can be frustrating a lot of the time. (anywhere from 6:30am to 9ish)
At times, it can very very slow, other days, it can be only 2-4 minutes to Welly road or Springy Road.

Sometimes it might benefit you using the Welly road exit.??
But if you are used to traffic jams or very heavy traffic, use the Monash exit!
Spanrz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2008, 06:33 PM   #9
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Its fine I'll be coming from the north, I know the eastern is stuffed going to the city but I have never been held up going towards springy rd. I'll give it a go as I'll only be going twice in 4 weeks so no issues.