Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-10-2008, 05:12 PM   #1
aussiemart

Default Au xr8 s111 what valve springs to use?

As most of you know i have broken valve springs in my car not a coil, so i was wondering what valve springs people have used and has anybody found a beehive spring that will fit with no machining?

Cheers guys

aussiemart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemart
As most of you know i have broken valve springs in my car not a coil, so i was wondering what valve springs people have used and has anybody found a beehive spring that will fit with no machining?

Cheers guys
I replaced mine with CROW seem ok and I think Yella Terra (site sponser) do them as well

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2008, 06:54 PM   #3
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Another one with crow here. They seem to do the job well.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #4
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 

3rd running crow springs 3777's from memory.
Old 27-10-2008, 07:14 AM   #5
aussiemart

Thanks guys will give crow a ring today, i think the 3777s are for a bigger cam but will look into it.

Thanks guys
Old 27-10-2008, 07:53 AM   #6
james22
With da Warlords

Crow springs here too. Mean't to be ok, I've heard some stories about the crane ones though... Don't want to go there

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-10-2008, 08:23 PM   #7
aussiemart

Spoke to crow today and they said the 3777 springs cant be used without head machining because the pressures are too high for a std cam and they are sending me out some xr6 ones which they said would fit straight in plus i got some chromoly retainers, hope this is all good.
Old 27-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #8
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemart
Spoke to crow today and they said the 3777 springs cant be used without head machining because the pressures are too high for a std cam and they are sending me out some xr6 ones which they said would fit straight in plus i got some chromoly retainers, hope this is all good.
XR6 valve springs does not sound right to me. When I got the cam I got parts kit from Crow PN K6201 which has Valve Springs in it. I dont have the part number for these springs handy, but I can get it from the Crow Catalog at work if you need them. These are what I'd put in if I was doing mine again.
Old 27-10-2008, 09:44 PM   #9
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

And a set of Isky springs locks and retainers here
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2008, 01:05 AM   #10
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning 

i just realise i got it backwards 7333 not 3777.

The normal crow spring kit has 7738's.
Old 29-10-2008, 08:29 PM   #11
aussiemart

okay i have the correct springs now but wich side should be set heavier the exhaust or intake? it has 2 different retainers so the intake or the exhaust needs to be stiffer? i would asume the intake due to the heavier valve but im not so sure?