Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #31
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb
Shell only charge 10c more then regular unledded, not 11 or 12 like BP and Mobil.
I noticed that that Shell 98 is 10c more and BP 98 is like 12c more and Mobil seems to be 12 - 14c more than there ULP petrol over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68XTFairmont
I don't know if it is only in adelaide but starting next week Shell have a promo on Vpower lasting for 6 weeks. I wonder how many will be out of Vpower now for the next 6 weeks
Whats the promo deal on VPower?

On the subject of VPower it fells the same as Ultimate to me from the seat of your pants fyno. When I run VPower with my 98 tune or Ultimate with the same tune on the same dyno I make the same power. Km's per tank I seem to get about the same with both fuels also.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #32
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I use the servo I'm closest to when trip meter is beeping with 60-80kms left till empty....Sheel, BP, Caltex or Mobil...who gives a which brand of 98....Don't notice any difference (power or economy) and I won't have it that one brand of 98RON is better for your engine than the other even if the fuel recipient is a temperamental 290 kw BOSS engine.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #33
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmale42
I use the servo I'm closest to when trip meter is beeping with 60-80kms left till empty....Sheel, BP, Caltex or Mobil...who gives a which brand of 98....Don't notice any difference (power or economy) and I won't have it that one brand of 98RON is better for your engine than the other even if the fuel recipient is a temperamental 290 kw BOSS engine.
Im like you I havent noticed any differance with the 98 ron from any of the above. I have read more literatue saying Ultimate is the best but then again that literature was from BP. I know in Wheels that the say that FPV recommends Ultimate to its customers. You dont no if there is any behind the scence wheeling and dealing going on. Didnt John Laws recommend and endorse who ever throw him the most $$$$.
:

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2008, 06:56 PM   #34
PEGAN
F6 Tornado

Shell V-Power Racing100 is actually being discontinued as from 2nd September (Australia Wide)
PEGAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post