Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #1
Darkr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Today Tonight bred vigilantes?

I was just driving home from uni and for the life of me can't work this guys reasoning out.

I drive down the street and a bike overtakes me on the side of the road in traffic, I'm half in the side bit becasue the idiot in front of me decided to stay 50 m behind the lights (with no cars in front) so I miss the green light to turn right.

When I get to the turn off I'm about 60-80 cm away from this bike otherwise I'd be obstructing traffic in the right lane. The guy on the bike in front of me, turns around and says something, then gets a pen out of his bag and writes down my number plate!?! What the hell? What have I even done?

Seems like the Today Tonight segment the other night is breeding more vigilantes.... http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=UqWCJmeD3XA

Maybe I'll end up on ratetheplate for no reason....

Old 12-08-2008, 08:18 PM   #2
TadKa
Wait? What?

ahaha. I'm a slightly reckless driver I know but if people p*ss me off I feel all mighty and powerful grabbing the phone and taking a pic of them. I'm sure if anything all I'm doing is increasing my chances of being a victim in a serious road rage attack but I like to let people know I think they are morons and doing the wrong thing. Hobart really does have some terrible drivers.
TadKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #3
TuMor
its not a!

THose vigalante guys are being torn apart by this....have a look at the antilag forums.
On is in hospital now apparently.

Charcoal Black
ohh yeeah
TuMor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #4
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

some one should take to tjis pair of little poofs with a big stick.
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #5
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

He probly just didn't what you were doing . I Don't have alot of syphathy today Because im off work .
Because a car pulled out in front of me. Causing me to turn violently and I crashed my bike i got lucky but real sore to say the least.
some people just dont realise how vulnerable you are on a bike.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2008, 09:13 PM   #6
nommic
EL Monty Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkr
I was just driving home from uni and for the life of me can't work this guys reasoning out.
Are you sure you didn't cut him off earlier in the drive? I wouldn't rule that out just yet.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #7
Darkr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No I'm not sure, but I didn't hear him until I was stopped for at least 30 seconds.
He may have seen me move over, and got upset by that, but then again he got past easily.

I am very cautious of bike riders.
I still am not sure of what he was angry about, I would be much more understanding if I knew I had done something wrong!

These things just upset me! :(
Old 13-08-2008, 01:57 AM   #8
gemibabe

don't get too upset.

Some motorcyclists are reckless.

I got hit by one while stationary in bumper to bumper traffic.
The cyclist was crusing down the push bike ONLY lane when a car was merging out of a car park into the line of traffic. They collided and the bike rebounded off me.

Sure hope he learnt his lesson.

What really irks me is when the bikes go screaming past (lane splitting is still legal in WA) while stopped at the lights... sometimes I wish I could open my door on them..

I get why they lane split, but do they have to do it so obnoxiously?
Old 13-08-2008, 03:24 AM   #9
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemibabe
that's putting it lightly.

i must be one of the most passive drivers around my area and i have lost count of the number of tools on bikes doing the wrong thing. then again, i have lost count of the number of tools in fords and holdens doing mentally defected things around the suburb in live in.

i read about the almost weekly injuries/fatalities in near-by roads (chamber flats road, kingston road, browns plains road) in the QLD police webiste and sadly i am not surprised by any of it.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 03:43 AM   #10
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemibabe
don't get too upset.

I got hit by one while stationary in bumper to bumper traffic.
The cyclist was crusing down the push bike ONLY lane when a car was merging out of a car park into the line of traffic. They collided and the bike rebounded off me.

Sure hope he learnt his lesson.

What really irks me is when the bikes go screaming past (lane splitting is still legal in WA) while stopped at the lights... sometimes I wish I could open my door on them..

I get why they lane split, but do they have to do it so obnoxiously?

Ever been headbutted by a bloke with a helmet on. Also does it annoy you so much that possibly killing a bike rider would justify it. Try riding a bike mate when you get cut of (almost ran over) 2 or 3 times everytime you get on a bike . Idiots like you need to banned from roads possibly society. Oxygen theif

Its funny that lane splitting is banned in wa . When you go for your license they teach you to do it(as long as your on the right side of the car) .
They also suggest to do it because getting to the front of the pack is the safest way to ride. I ride bikes and this is the main reason i lane split try being in the middle of a pack of cars that 60% dont see you . Picture pinball A fender bender in a car cost you cash a fender bender on a bike And you pray it will only cost you cash.

Also somtimes you need to do it quick because its a lot safer while cars a still stationary.
Old 13-08-2008, 03:44 AM   #11
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:

I drive down the street and a bike overtakes me on the side of the road in traffic, I'm half in the side bit becasue the idiot in front of me decided to stay 50 m behind the lights (with no cars in front) so I miss the green light to turn right.

When I get to the turn off I'm about 60-80 cm away from this bike otherwise I'd be obstructing traffic in the right lane. The guy on the bike in front of me, turns around and says something, then gets a pen out of his bag and writes down my number plate!?! What the hell? What have I even done?

Seems like the Today Tonight segment the other night is breeding more vigilantes.... http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=UqWCJmeD3XA

I'm a bit concerned if the guy on a bike can write at the same time as riding, thats not dangerous now is it??? : :
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 03:58 AM   #12
azaxr8

snappy, dont ride a bike if it concerns u that much. realistically your life is on the line everytime you jump on a bike or get in your car. Putting emphasis on a subject and calling someone and oxygen thief is beyond a joke and no need. I have sympathy for what your saying but at the same time theres alot of knob jockeys who ride and think there better then everyone else.
azaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 04:16 AM   #13
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaxr8
snappy, dont ride a bike if it concerns u that much. realistically your life is on the line everytime you jump on a bike or get in your car. Putting emphasis on a subject and calling someone and oxygen thief is beyond a joke and no need. I have sympathy for what your saying but at the same time theres alot of knob jockeys who ride and think there better then everyone else.

It was uncalled for an i apoligise to gemibabe (it was only a comment even if it was a stupid one) . It just got mad im laying her bruised a battered because i got run of the road today on my bike because some idiot in a car didn't look .Or stop when they ran me off the road. I just did want to hear some one wanting to hurt someone because they are jealous there car wont lane split.

There is idiots on bikes nothing new there . But some people just enjoy riding
Old 13-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #14
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

so you say one of these WOW playing gutter geeks is in hosptital how did it happen(havent got access to antilag @ work)?

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Biggav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 03:34 PM   #15
Bobman
Regulator

What a pathetic troll with his vid cam on the dash.

Looks like a geek too.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 04:13 PM   #16
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

someone didnt get laid at school ,poor boy . i dont hoon but if i saw him driving past me with that camera ,his life would not be worth living . what is our society coming too ???
Old 13-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #17
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

i understand your point snappy, wrt lane splitting. as gemibabe posted it is still LEGAL in WA, but it is the way it is done that ****es me off sometimes (SOMETIMES).. i make a point of leaving bikes as much room as possible, but to lane split in heavy traffic at 40kph+ is faking stupid, as is getting to the front of the queue on a single lane road by driving over double whites..
Old 13-08-2008, 05:23 PM   #18
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

40+kph is a joke My guess is these fella's/ladies have not had the expierence from learning what happens when you go down but they will riding like that. Walking speed is all that is necessary. A single lane road is not nessary either because the dangers are not there. But as the saying goes a rotten apple spoils ......
Old 15-08-2008, 12:03 AM   #19
gemibabe

Hey snappy...apology accepted. I've been on bikes, (passenger only) I know the dangers out there. I love bikes and I'm not jealous i can't lane split. I wouldn't want to be on a bike in the traffic thats out there these days.

And as someone already pointed out, its not that they do it, its how they do it, screaming past...oh and lets not forget the twits with saddle bags on touching ya car so as they squeeze through because they have realised they are in a spot of bother if the lights go green.

Last edited by gemibabe; 15-08-2008 at 12:04 AM. Reason: so it makes sense
gemibabe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2008, 01:28 AM   #20
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would just be just as annoyed if someone on bike touched my car .Hell i be annoyed if some walked past and touched my car . The unfortunate thing is there are alot of idiots out there and ther bugger all that can be done about it .
Old 15-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #21
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm sorry but um WTF Today Tonight go so far as to encourage us to spy on each other?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? : :

RETARDS
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2008, 11:08 AM   #22
stockel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh and I see it doesn't worry them going against the senior police officer who says in their same article that this behavior should not be encouraged :

I wish this stuff wasn't on TV, personally I just don't watch TV usually, but I worry about all the people that do and are more impressionable than some.
stockel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2008, 01:12 AM   #23
gemibabe

TT and ACA are trash shows that prey on the weak and gullible.
Old 16-08-2008, 02:34 AM   #24
Jayden
Graphic Artist

What we are missing is an australian car show that encourages responsible behavior all the while promoting auto-enthusiasm and telling TT and ACA and road safety nazis to shut the hell up, they're not helping anyone one bit.
Old 16-08-2008, 02:44 AM   #25
azaxr8

i saw a classic example of a on a bike.

After arriving back to perth and walking as i waited for my lift who was running late. There was a massive cue at a T intersection, i got there walking b4 most cars.

A bike flew past doing 50kph+ on the wrong side of the road around a blind corner and over the double white line, not to mention there where few trucks which would obstruct view to see oncoming traphic coming the other way. I was waiting for the accident to happen and as much as i didnt want it i wanted it to happen. People like this can only learn the hard way unfortunately.
azaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2008, 01:35 PM   #26
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:

Seems like these wannabe coppers need to get a life, or apply to join the Police if thats what they want to do.
I can't believe these shows give clowns like that airtime. (sorry to any genuine clowns out there, no disrespect intended to you personally)

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #27
SeXC
Pushrodosaurus Rex

I was going to get all fired up and say something similar to snappy, but the point has been made so i wont.

Thing is, sometimes you are splitting a lane, and the light goes green when you are two cars from the front of the line, it is unbelievably dangerous being beside two cars. Most of the time they look at you and you just want to sream "look where you are bloody going!!!!!!!"

I guess my point is, that once you committed to splitting a lane, at the lights, you HAVE to be at the front. If the light goes green, you gun it to be there. It doesnt nessecarily mean you are trying to be inconsiderate.

My gripe is though about bikers who split lanes incorrectly. If you dont have room beside the car in the ONE LANE it is ILLEGAL. because you are changing lanes without indicating. and corssing a solid line in most cases at lights. thats what most people on bikes dont get...... oh and its your handlebars that need to be in the one lane too.
SeXC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #28
reece1
reece1

what insecure little dibber dobbers. they need to stop humping each other and get a girlfriend.have a go at the freaks.
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #29
Bobman
Regulator

It's spread across to Victoria now.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24196943-2,00.html

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #30
Supercharged

Sounds like those pair want to be Policemen when they grow up, if they live that long.
Supercharged is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post