EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Now rocking the SZ Territory Titanium Petrol Family Beast
PHATAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #32
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Soooo many disturbing comments....I don't know where to begin!

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #33
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Soooo many disturbing comments....I don't know where to begin!
Apparently at a cousin, slowing working your way to a sister.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #34
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP290
THATS RIGHT I HSVE A PROBLEM
that is the problem, I like the HSV-VE R8, I like it a lot and its not out of will of not trying to like it it just that they look so tough lowered in black with 20 inch rims. Is there a cure for this sinfull lust or am I doomed to own/yern for this BEAST of a car even though Im BLUE through and through???...HELP!!
I had similar thoughts but it was over a black GTS. The cure was to supercharge my GT but I ended up getting a bit carried away with. My next plan is to get my into 6.2lts V8 AMG C63 at some point. That should do it
Old 31-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #35
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

I have seen several black VE HSV's around the coast, they do look the goods outside.
On the downside to me, they sound shyte in stock trim, and are harsh up in the rev range. You do have to remember tho that the HSV's come delivered pre run in, so they arent tight like the FPV Boss, so the Boss will get noticably better as you put klms on it, the holdon one wont change much at all. The GT is quite a bit louder even in stock form, and the Boss sounds way more animal, but civilised when getting revved over 3000RPM, the holdon offering will sound raspy and asmatic without a decent set of pipes. The interiour looks tacky and cheap in the VE even with all the leather and bits. Very dark and drab all over. And lastly they (clubbies) are 70k plus onroads now. So they are quite a bit dearer than the FPV offerings.

Personally I would wait to see a Silouette FG GT or GT-P, preferably without stripes, and take that for a run, then drive over to a HSV dealer and take the equivalent HSV for a run and directly compare them both on the same day. You will get a good feel for both cars then. I say a Silouette car stripeless because it will give you a Ford vs Holdon visual comparason.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 01:08 AM   #36
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

Do it mate, more car for the same price as a GT.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:43 AM   #37
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Get one... a 6.2 V8 Clubsport will lay the stomp in any Blue Oval V8 sad to say, and they look tough, you're right. They go well too.
Wrong ...again.

So far the only back to back test was done in the wet... hardly a comparison.

On another note, the Boss takes time to free up, and when it does there won't be any "stomping" happening. If you bothered reading the experiences of those who own them you'd know this already. But then again, it seems you're not interested in the real world.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:57 AM   #38
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

also the fg gt raped it on the dyno in the new wheels mag lost on the wet 1/4 but won the dyno quite comfortably
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 02:33 AM   #39
Need_a_V8

I suggest waiting...

If you want manual wait til August for the T6060, if you want auto wait til the year change (atleast October) for the 6L90 (current is 6L80). The year change will likely see another jump in power from HSV also with the new transmissions but don't expect anything dramatic (expect around 325kw, but probably 327kw judging on HSV's recent fetish with the number 7).
Need_a_V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 05:04 AM   #40
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
Wrong ...again.

On another note, the Boss takes time to free up, and when it does there won't be any "stomping" happening. If you bothered reading the experiences of those who own them you'd know this already. But then again, it seems you're not interested in the real world.
No, I'm not interested in the internet. I count the real world as what I see with my own eyes. And every time I've been to WSID or seen people partake in illegal activities on the street (like a VU SS racing a BA Pursuit many moons ago when walking to work), the 5.4 Modular V8 Falcons lose to the LS1/2 Commodores. Why would the trend change with the more powerful, thicker torque spread LS3?

Same day, same driver, same conditions is a comparison - and a fair one at that. They could have been compared in the snow - if its the same driver in the same conditions... well then..

Out of curiosity... what won, the 5.4 or the 6.2?
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 08:50 AM   #41
GTP370
2005 BA II GTP

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Excellent breakdown of costs associated with importing a pre-89 car from the U.S.  Very helpful to others and at least two other guys will use the provided info to make their dreams reality.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
Wrong ...again.

I used to have hang up's on magazine factory performance test results, especially when the car that I had purchased or wanted did not stack up on paper compared to the next car.

When I had my HSV GTS coupe I was annoyed performance tests were more a less the same as the SS and GTO and XR6T (especially at the price I paid for it new).

When I had my XR8 I was annoyed performance tests were no where as good as the SS or XR6T.

I am well over all that now since owing my GT-P.

A side from all other features that go with a car; performance can be easily manipulated and vastly improved with a few tweaks that can still hold up on warranty. And sky's the limit if you are prepared to void your warranty.

My good mate owns a black manual 6.0 R8, great car to drive and plenty of grunt. I have also tested the Chevy 6.2 which also has plenty of potential.
GTP370 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #42
V3RSAC3
... Fear it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Unless you're from Adelaide
HEY! .. lolz

oh god dont even get me started on the VE HSV range ... they are total SEX ON WHEELS ... if i had the cash i'd buy one in a heart beat!! ... but then im waiting too see what FPV have too offer me!

ay nothing wrong with cousins, aslong as you use protection ;) ;) ... okay that was abit disgusting ... but here in adelaide it's hard too know who you're related too seeing as it's soo small
Chrysler 300C Sedan
SY Territory Ghia
V3RSAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 12:40 PM   #43
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Play with your GT, Set of Wheels, Aftermarket Exhaust, Lowered a touch... few other little bits and ieces and your wonder what was wrong with you looking at those HSV's

Seriously for the amound of money that would change hands swapping from GT to R8... you could make your GT alot tougher than a standard 6.2L R8...

But depends if your into modding your car, some of us arn't, some of us are.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #44
GTP290

I think I hit Fords problem on the head, whilst FPVs and the newer generation of Falcons are more of a complete package than the HSV equivalant, you cant really ignore a good looking car even if its not as good as the oposistions offering.
2 examples of this whilst far apart within timeframe and geography, are:

The AU. When it was facelifted to a BA, the Falcon actually outsold the Commodore(combined ute and sedan sales), purley because the cars looked better and had a nicer interior than the AU, and it was almost and identical car, with a couple of mechanical changes, such as the 4 valve head.

MUSTANG 64 1/2. This car changed the world forever, a compact sports car, with an existing floor plan and mechanicals from its cousin, the Falcon .Available with any option and engine combo at a bargain price which looked absolutley beautifull, one of the best looking Fords ever made at a bargain price with cheap options and drivetrain packages, you would still be driving a beautiful looking car even if it was the povo six with drums all round, who cared! It was the fact you were driving one of the most beautifull looking, most sought after cars made in the world at a bargain price!

I believe this philosophy has worked for Holden as they have only made a couple of unatractive cars from there release, which would be the HD Holden and the Sunbird which is debatable, I cant really think of any other Holden that doesnt look atleast OK at worst
Old 01-06-2008, 01:07 PM   #45
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Enough Said:-

Pics form Peter Warren - see thread here:- http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11222401

Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #46
pitpal
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looking at a VE looks like a fat kid with big ears..... Seriously look at the long term... The B series styling is awesome and wont date as quickly as the VE. What did the hosts of top gear say about the looks of the VE?
pitpal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 01:28 PM   #47
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Those pics are awesome, but I think they still won't do the car justice. Might go for a drive in a moment.

Quote:
No, I'm not interested in the internet. I count the real world as what I see with my own eyes. And every time I've been to WSID or seen people partake in illegal activities on the street (like a VU SS racing a BA Pursuit many moons ago when walking to work), the 5.4 Modular V8 Falcons lose to the LS1/2 Commodores. Why would the trend change with the more powerful, thicker torque spread LS3?

Same day, same driver, same conditions is a comparison - and a fair one at that. They could have been compared in the snow - if its the same driver in the same conditions... well then..

So automatically this means the cars you've witnessed racing are stock for stock, or have equivalent mods? I have the testimonials of some of those who own the LSx's and would rather the Boss over it, the main reason being is it's smooth revving nature. Another is that it's purely quicker, or it feels quicker. You completely ignore owner's feedback and thoughts of the Boss, and have placed all your faith in magazines, where 99% of the time they're tested tight.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #48
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

all you gotta do is look up a brand new FG FPV. at castle hill RSL on on friday night there was a FG Super pursuit with the lot, a G6E, Xr6 and Xr4 all brand spankers and god damn the superpursuit was sexy
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 05:19 PM   #49
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the ve gts is a nice car . imo i think the car your driving now is much nicer i think you just got to much cash mate you dont know what to do with.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #50
DeansXR8

yeah definetly think about it, not just how pretty it looks now and in the magazines, but if you can still be happy, drivin around with it, after the novelty of it being new and fast is gone.
Cause i am in that situation at the moment. The XR is a very nice car and looked tops in the magazines and on my mates recommendations, but am hanging for this 2 yr lease to end so i can go back to what you guys call the dark side...so what i should be sugesting to you is "go man, do it, buy that beast and you'll never look back" but if your a ford guy, i reckon you will be still thinking of other things when you've had it for a month or four.
DeansXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #51
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Lusting over a HSV is the same as lusting over your own sister, it's just not right.
what if it feels sooooooo good?
Old 02-06-2008, 04:36 PM   #52
gozza

If you like the Car then buy it - Do you really need approval?

Oh noes, i might be banished for liking a Holden
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #53
LTDterri
SY TS Territory

Shame on you, someone should burn your eyes out....just the thought of it makes me sick to the stomach, like a Catholic priest lusting over young boys
LTDterri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2008, 08:08 PM   #54
dave289
Banned

If it makes you feel any better i'll let you know i am a hardcore ford man but have recently purchased a second hand monaro of my mate.being a cv8.main reason was a very good price and i must admit I do like the monaro.while it is still very tight in general with only 77,000 on it the gearbox does not even compare to the ba equivalent or even a ba stocker with 4 speed let alone the new 6 speed auto.the stocky rubber bushes have gone and need to be replaced,its makes a bit of a clunk when shifting from reverse to drive or vise versa even thought the car is completely stopped.you never feel this an any ba ive driven and I have driven quite a few,I was even driving an ef with 240,000 on the clock and it felt tighter and noiseless going from reverse to drive and vice versa than the monaro does.the engine is not as smooth as the ford equivelent but does go like a bat out of hell.in the ford it feels like you could slam the engine all day everyday and do no harm but i can not say the same for the holden,weather i am right or not there i am not sure but thats how it feels to me.
the bottom line is fords feel like they are built ford tough.holdens do not feel as smooth and bullet proof as the fords do.I have driven the new ve's,both the omega and the calais ,but not the clubsport.they definatley do not feel like they are a quality product even compared to the bf.the major let down is the auto box.if you are going for a manual you should be alright.A good mate of mine who is a holden man and works for bob jane says you only have to look at the ford suspension setup and design to see how superior it is compared to the holden.I think the rear lights on the clubby look like an afterthought and thought the ss rear looked better,but i must admit that i think i like them more now for some reason,but i apprached one from behind from a distance last week and thought i was appraoching a monaro until i was about thirty metres from it relised what it was.another prob with the ve is the front end styling,it is exactly the same as the old holden astra which has now been replaced by the new model.this will date very quickly.
The bottom line is its your money and your decision,you should go and drive both the clubby and the new fg gt before you make a decision.personally for this money i would be test driving the fg f6 and suggest you do the same.I dont know if you have to have a v8 but the fg f6 should slam both and it would be a bit narrow minded not to drive the f6 especcially with petrol headed towards $2.00 a litre not to mention the way it performs.the new turbos did very well on consumption from some articles i have read.anyway good luck on your decision and all the best.dave
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #55
azaxr8

wall of text. loved it.
azaxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #56
FordFella
Hoon (I wish!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaxr8
wall of text. loved it.
Relevance to topic. Loved it.

Though we can all say that we've love to be in the dilemma, I don't honestly know what I'd would choose - that is out of the F6 or GT. I can accept that the HSV is a convincing car, but good looks to some is basically superficiality to me. For me, it just seems different for the sake of it. The front does look neat, but not really any better than the FPV. The side vents don't look too flash, and some of the panel gaps I seen between it and the front guard... shocking. The rear just looks dumb - how some can say those taillights fit the car is beyond me.

As for the drive, realistically though the HSV's handling may be better due to less weight in the front, stiff-arsed suspension and better tires than the GT (not F6, no comparos have been made, basing on Calais V vs G6ET we can assume it is better) it's not as if you'd be driving the two every day making a direct comparison constantly. Both of these cars is a substantial step up from the BA in terms of handling and refinement. But the GT is known to have better ride than the R8 (as the R8 has worse ride than the GTS, we can safely presume) - something that you will notice in everyday driving.

Engines - really if you want to go to the strip every couple of days and persist without modifications go with the HSV. But in other circumstances it's really neck and neck. If you were going for outright performance you'd want the F6 - but as the sales show either FPV buyers are either misinformed or don't have performance that high on the list (despite Ford Performance Vehicles)

Seeing that the major issue for you is looks, just have a long hard look at Sorteds pics and compare them to HSV pics. The rear of the FPV looks polished - it didn't need to be changed from the regular product because it was already sooo good. Especially in comparison to HSVs pill looking things. And if you still think you prefer the HSV, maybe you should have a long hard look at yourself.

: If only I were old enough :
FordFella is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2008, 06:27 PM   #57
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Go the HSV

No replacement for Displacement!
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2008, 07:41 PM   #58
futura888
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Well i don't know if you read it in any of the other threads,but the ls3 isn't actually quicker than the ls2,going by your much trusted magazine comparo's:togo:, the ls2 is quicker by 0.1 of a second to 100km/h,not to mention using less fuel than the ls3...ha,give me the boss motor any day,stuff the chevy boat motor's.

And oh,about the adelaide comments take it easy ....don't you mean tassie : .
futura888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2008, 12:18 AM   #59
WASP
Whipple Induced

I noticed in the Wheels comparo between the LS3 GTS and the FG GT that on the 400m times their was less that a 10th of second between them (14.05- GTS vs 14.1-GT). That's a promising result for the GT. Lets face it, the GT doesn't have to be quicker than the F6 to be successful, just quicker, or at least in the same playing feild as the equivilant HSV, which it finally sounds like it is. Thank GOD!

Sorry if this is old news by the way.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:37 AM   #60
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP290
THATS RIGHT I HSVE A PROBLEM
that is the problem, I like the HSV-VE R8, I like it a lot and its not out of will of not trying to like it it just that they look so tough lowered in black with 20 inch rims. Is there a cure for this sinfull lust or am I doomed to own/yern for this BEAST of a car even though Im BLUE through and through???...HELP!!
If your blue through and through you wouldn't be having thoughts like this
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post