Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 18-05-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 
Default Who has Soundstream in thier car lol

Ok first of if you want to have a cry about this not being anything about an OzEcruiser car then dont bother posting

Wonder if Roosta's Subs have this effect, and check the guy out who is sitting in the Van when he pumps it..... the Van's body & windows are flexing but he is just sitting in there.............. he must have a set of ear plugs in......... PS The Girl adds viewing pleasure

Youtube Link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lm80ckP4PM

Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
andrewts
White Car Driver

Holy hell! Look at that!!! LOL Cheers man I needed that.
Old 18-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Seen a few of them vids, psycho stuff! That chick makes the video a lot better!!
Old 18-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #4
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

I have been there and done that with "OVER THE TOP" stereo system installs in my cars. I dont see the point anymore. I must be gettin old. !!

That you tube link is bloody insane though. More DB's than KW's.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 12:30 AM   #5
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

LOL.. That looks familier.. LOL.. With out the girl..

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 02:07 PM   #6
TOASTED
JMM modded EF

No offence to roosta but his system would not pull a great deal of DB due to cancellation. cancellation occurs when sound waves of the same frequency travel at differant times arriving at their destination slightly out of sync. ---it all has to do with how you have your subs set up.--- i had a system running 2x15s at 2600WRMS (2.6Kwatts) (roostas is 3.8kilawattsrms) and it was a great deal louder than roostas cos the subs were sitting parralel facing the same direction. although i roostas set up does definately have the wow factor it is actually a VERY innefficient system. the user Slayer351 has 3 of the same subs (response carbon fibre 12") firing directly into the cab and i can almost guantee you his system would be clearer and louder.

Guess the alcohol tax is turning people to mind altering drugs.
I drive : A heavily modified EF Fairmont with a JMM dev5 cam, worked head, 3.5" mandrel bent intake, exhaust, and a few other bits n pieces like a stally etc.

"She goes like a zirtek"

WANT A FAST FORD RING THIS BLOKE V V

Abbott Engines for HeadWork
20 years experience
PH Rob on (07) 5526 3883
TOASTED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 08:10 PM   #7
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got 2 x 12" soundstream subs and 3x soundstream amps and it doesnt quite do that!
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 01:25 PM   #8
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

CraigosmoddedEF, While you are quite correct about cancellation the video that Sorted has linked to shows more about woofer displacement than DB's..

Funnily enough i have had people scoff at my DB readings only to hop in the car and be surprised at how much of an intense feeling it does give..

Cheers,
nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2008, 02:21 PM   #9
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROOSTA

Funnily enough i have had people scoff at my DB readings only to hop in the car and be surprised at how much of an intense feeling it does give..

Cheers,
nik
I can only imagine.