Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-04-2008, 11:05 AM   #1
travisty
WNTDAU

Default xr headlight problem

hey just wondering if any one can help. when driving at night and have my headlights on after a short while they turn on and off like a flicker or just stay off until i turn them off to on again. i dont understand why this is happpening my headlights are brand new. its really doing my head in please if anybody can help it would be much appreciated

Old 19-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
JoesAu

change the fuses, maybe check your earth terminal under the airbox????
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 11:44 AM   #3
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Make sure all the contacts in the wiring are connected properly, as well as the bulb holder.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it's either the circuit breaker or the switch that causes this problem not the lights themselves

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
LUXO_8
windsor user

the circuit breaker tripping was a big problem in eseries cars, moreso if people had higher wattage than standard globes (they're not designed for the load).

not sure if the au's have the same setup, but your problem sounds exactly the same as the eseries circuit breaker problem
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post