Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
BillC

Default AU11 ute

Hi all, just test drove an au11 6 cyl manual ute. From a car yard. It has 108000 on the clock and drives very nicely. From what I can see under the bonnet it is stock. No cai or extractors. It has either 17 inch or 18 inch mags but they are looking a bit old and scratched. It has also been lowered a fair bit. Its not an XR but it has an XR front end and the bonnet with the bulge in it like the XR8BA. They were originally asking $15000 but went down to $12900. I offered $11500 and they ummed and arred but said they would take it. It has the ute liner as well and it has a good red paint job. aircon works and also has an alpine stereo with the wiring for an amp. What do you all think. Is it woth it.

BillC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
BillC

I just had a look at all the internet car browsers like nqcountry cars and the average price their asking is 14990.
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

I paid $8000 for an AU II XLS 4L ute 5spd last November with 130,000k.
It's in very good condition mechanically, interior and paint.

I doubt I would pay more than $10,000 for what you're looking at.

Rick.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:25 PM   #4
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Default Big$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC
Hi all, just test drove an au11 6 cyl manual ute. From a car yard. It has 108000 on the clock and drives very nicely. From what I can see under the bonnet it is stock. No cai or extractors. It has either 17 inch or 18 inch mags but they are looking a bit old and scratched. It has also been lowered a fair bit. Its not an XR but it has an XR front end and the bonnet with the bulge in it like the XR8BA. They were originally asking $15000 but went down to $12900. I offered $11500 and they ummed and arred but said they would take it. It has the ute liner as well and it has a good red paint job. aircon works and also has an alpine stereo with the wiring for an amp. What do you all think. Is it woth it.
SOUNDS EXPENSIVE although I know Townsville is an absolute rip off for buying any car.Take a couple of days off work & fly to Brisbane over a weekend. You will save thousands