Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #31
weenie

Welcome to the world of the licensed sporting shooter/hunter. These greenie have being doing this to shooters for years. They are experts at spin & garbage figures. Do a bit of research into the greens, it will make you open your eyes. Dont say you havnt been warned.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 03:09 PM   #32
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
Does this woman know how to let someone finish what they are saying? Far out she is always cutting people off! She doesn't seem so sharp, does she even know what is being discussed? :
She obviously has no 'insight' on chairing a discussion.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #33
troppo
Mr old phart

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I watch the show a bit, there have been some very good ones (one on torture last year and one on Indigenous intervention recently) but this one was very average.
I considered posting a heads up a few weeks ago when they were asking for participants, glad I didn't now. It was advertised as a show about car enthusiasts and she stated part of the aim was to show how much enthusiasts love their cars. She did that, but then took it off on a tangent which boiled down to a greenie type whinge, as intended. Nothing more than political propoganda designed to bend us over in preparation for the inevitable shafting in the form of carbon trading.

BA GT-P Blueprint
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 08:20 PM   #34
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak2
Yeah i watch it , & thought why isn't a ford , nissan & mitsi & VW people there to give there point of view, the holden guy virtually said nothing, but the toyota guy said plenty & explained as good as he could
Yeah i did notice the GM guy only talked when he was asked and they were very broad answers he gave because their cars arent really that eco friendly (Ford would be in the same boat). Being a car enthusiast i sided with the GM guy abit aswell.
The Toybota guy was pretty knowledgeable and seemed to be able to answer most questions with ease as they are almost leading the way in hybrid technology (which is only one answer).

As for the host and the guy with the Fezza they were both morons.
Vanessa Amorosi is hot : , but her cars arent.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #35
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie
Welcome to the world of the licensed sporting shooter/hunter. These greenie have being doing this to shooters for years. They are experts at spin & garbage figures. Do a bit of research into the greens, it will make you open your eyes. Dont say you havnt been warned.
i hear ya brother.

everytime i explain to my mates how to obtain a firearms licence, and then a firearm, in particular pistols, the common response if "EFF THAT, too hard"

STOP THE EXTREME GREENS.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:35 PM   #36
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sucked I think, hardly talked to any actual car enthusiests, just the CEO's of this that and the other, and she had to have what a hybrid was explained to her by the Holden bloke FFS!
I've got to say, I was behind the Holden guy.
Edit; Also I find it ironic that it's called 'Aussies and their cars' and half the time she was talking to the yank!
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 11:05 PM   #37
blk_frmnt
ẶЦ ╒ǻІґмΩאַâ€*

Yeah overall a pretty useless show...drove me nuts with questions like: "Don't you ever consider the fact that all the exhaust from your car kills people?" Ask that if you like, but practice what you preach. If you expect a motorist to feel guilty about poisoning the air you shouldn't be using any electricity, or goods produced with electricty (which is basically everything). Where do you think that electricity comes from, a coal-fired power plant perhaps? That host needs a good slap across her annoying face...
blk_frmnt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post