Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 25-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
spider
Starter Motor

Default converting older cars

hi, just wondered. ive been doing some researching about converting your older cars to run on water as a supplement to reduce emissions. can yous please give me more information on converting a car to run on water, i need information on the following.

1. what parts are needed

2. how to convert it to run on water.

3. diy plans.

is there anything else i can fit to a older car eg a v series dunnydore and x and e series fords. if so how do i go about fitting and what can i fit to older cars.

Last edited by spider; 25-03-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old 25-03-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1. A boat

2. Enough rain to fill rivers

3. Trading post for #1, ring God about #2
Old 25-03-2008, 11:13 PM   #3
spider
Starter Motor

is there anything else i can fit to a older car eg a v series dunnydore and x and e series fords. if so how do i go about fitting and what can i fit to older cars.
Old 25-03-2008, 11:20 PM   #4
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

3 letters....lpg, either that or start the motor, get the garden hose, put it in the intake, then turn the tap on and see how it runs....or not, why would you want to?
Old 26-03-2008, 01:16 AM   #5
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

I hear the P76 is good with water.
Old 26-03-2008, 07:21 AM   #6
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK250
1. A boat

2. Enough rain to fill rivers

3. Trading post for #1, ring God about #2
Old 26-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #7
TaraHymen

for those that knock it, are laughing at spider for asking and pleading ignorance, it's possible. hydrogen is more volatile than petrol and remembering back to high school science days, what is a water molecule composed of? anybody? thats right, two parts hydrogen, 1 part oxygen. apart from a fuel(in this case hydrogen) what else is required for combustion? oxygen.

it's been done before several times. the two most successful cases that spring to mind are:
1)a university in the states somewhere back in the 60's that converted a volkswagon engine to run on 100% water. in thier research they managed to get a dune buggy with this engine to travel about 200kms with a top speed of 40mph from 1000litres of water before rumour has it an oil company made a substantial donation to the university for the research to cease.
2) a canadian bloke converted his 2.0L pinto engine to run on water. most tafe colleges will have the documentary he published. he, his car, and all of his work vanished overnight. conspiracy theorists will say that an oil company sent the boys around to "buy him out". they probably did buy his project and so he wouldnt have to share a cent with his nagging missus staged his own disappearance and is now laying in the carabean somewhere being handfed grapes by something scantily clad.

they both had the same basic principle, if u run a high voltage thru water it will divide the hydrogen(ever smelt the air around a charging battery?) and oxygens into two seperate gasses. these gasses are then collected and fed into the engine at metered levels. joila!! of course it's a little bit more complicated otherwise we'd all be filling up our cars at the front garden tap.

in answer to the original question there is no quick diy kit. google it, there a hundreds of thousands of pages on the subject.

Last edited by TaraHymen; 26-03-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 26-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #8
jcxr
Tribal Elder

I can walk on water,but I dont know about running on it. Prefer beer.Cheers JC
Old 26-03-2008, 04:04 PM   #9
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

for extra power replace the carby with a lawn sprinkler.
Old 26-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #10
LUV DE COUPE

Brother in law used water injection on his XA 250 in late 70's early 80's ,the system looked much like an upper cylinder lubricator used on gas cars. The idea was to lower emissions and improve fuel economy, sometimes a blend of water and mytho was used .If all else failed water mytho blend could be used to clean glass.
Old 26-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #11
TaraHymen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
I can walk on water,but I dont know about running on it. Prefer beer.Cheers JC
beer is just water with barley and hopps added or flavour. thats what i tell my missus anyway.
Old 26-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #12
tolzero

A friend of mine told me the easiest way to convert your car is gradually get your car to get to know the water, so everytime you fill up leave a little space in the tank and while at the servo grab the bucket with the squeegee in it and tip some of that water in the tank. Servos have known about the water theory for years that is why some have the watering can there aswell (upmarket servo's).
Gradually add more and more water everytime you fill up till you are running 100% water and no petrol an BINGO, your car will run on water............. just make sure you always park at the top of the highest hill in your area and roll to your next destination,

Zero emissions and no deafening engine noise - a tree huggers dream
Old 26-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #13
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraHymen
for those that knock it, are laughing at spider for asking and pleading ignorance, it's possible. hydrogen is more volatile than petrol and remembering back to high school science days, what is a water molecule composed of? anybody? thats right, two parts hydrogen, 1 part oxygen. apart from a fuel(in this case hydrogen) what else is required for combustion? oxygen.

it's been done before several times. the two most successful cases that spring to mind are:
1)a university in the states somewhere back in the 60's that converted a volkswagon engine to run on 100% water. in thier research they managed to get a dune buggy with this engine to travel about 200kms with a top speed of 40mph from 1000litres of water before rumour has it an oil company made a substantial donation to the university for the research to cease.
2) a canadian bloke converted his 2.0L pinto engine to run on water. most tafe colleges will have the documentary he published. he, his car, and all of his work vanished overnight. conspiracy theorists will say that an oil company sent the boys around to "buy him out". they probably did buy his project and so he wouldnt have to share a cent with his nagging missus staged his own disappearance and is now laying in the carabean somewhere being handfed grapes by something scantily clad.

they both had the same basic principle, if u run a high voltage thru water it will divide the hydrogen(ever smelt the air around a charging battery?) and oxygens into two seperate gasses. these gasses are then collected and fed into the engine at metered levels. joila!! of course it's a little bit more complicated otherwise we'd all be filling up our cars at the front garden tap.

in answer to the original question there is no quick diy kit. google it, there a hundreds of thousands of pages on the subject.
The problem with it is, the energy used to separate the hydrogen is the same as the energy released from combustion. So in an ideal world, you would use all the energy released from the combustion of hydrogen to split the next water molecule, leaving no energy to drive your car. And there is no way an internal combustion engine is 100% efficient, so you lose energy there as well anyway. So to make up the shortfall, install a battery, right? Then in that case the energy comes from the power station to charge the battery.

Sorry, as wonderful as it would be, hydrogen derived from water is just an energy carrier from other sources of energy (fossil fuels, nuclear, etc), not an energy source itself.

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
Old 26-03-2008, 06:06 PM   #14
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Another special thread, courtesy of the artist formally known as 12000.
Closed Thread