Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-02-2008, 07:14 PM   #31
JoesAu

ahh V.C.t, yer they do a cam but im preetty sure it costs heaps, and your motor needs headwork etc
JoesAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2008, 07:23 PM   #32
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

meh, no point as it will have to be re-done again to give different compression etc for the charged setup at a later point, ya's still need head work with a standard 4ll for the cam to yea.
Current Mods-HD Built Gearbox+(Mirror Polished, Modified Valve Body), 2500rpm Hi-Stall Convertor(TCE Custom Built), BIG Trans Cooler, Braided Lines/Speedflow Fittings, 2.5" Exhaust, Custom CAI, Detailed UnderCarriage, Custom SQ Stereo Install.
My Ride
My Build Thread
sikford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #33
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikford
you say you ran the 14.7 with a cam and edit but was it also done with al the exhaust, extractors and intake and what not?i get bad enough economy as it is so i dont worry about it anymore, just wanna get it goin quick, i was thinkin 3.9's and a stally but depends on what ppl's experiences are with them, the car is fairly heavy.IRS and the heavy duty tow bar n what not.lol.any recommendations for someone to do a good edit and tune with some extractors in melbourne somewhere?
True.
Single spinner 3.73 diff, 2500 -3000 stallie ,3 to 2/1/4 crushed xorst,intake also.I ran a 15.194 with the same setup.When I got the tune it dropped to 14.773. I think its the sum of the parts. An xr6 hp with xorst and intake can run a 14.9 in manual form.A manual has the advantage of dumping the clutch at higher rpm can launch harder unlike the low stall speed of the standard auto torque converter . In addition to this the manual will have an extra 7to 10rwkws from an auto car.Ive seen it on dynos time and time again .

This guy doesnt need a cam .The xr6 hp cam is great. He needs a tune. He will knock his time down by .4 to .5 of a second. His cam is a good size.In auto form he should get a 15.1 to 14.9 but hell be hard pressed.If he wants to do one mod ..the tune..he will only get so far.A good stall converter will put him in the picture though.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 07:57 AM   #34
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

so if i was to say, get a set of pacey comps or whatever, a high flow and do a flash tune with 3.9's what sort of time would i be looking at down the 1/4 roughly?
Current Mods-HD Built Gearbox+(Mirror Polished, Modified Valve Body), 2500rpm Hi-Stall Convertor(TCE Custom Built), BIG Trans Cooler, Braided Lines/Speedflow Fittings, 2.5" Exhaust, Custom CAI, Detailed UnderCarriage, Custom SQ Stereo Install.
My Ride
My Build Thread
Old 07-02-2008, 08:22 AM   #35
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
so if i was to say, get a set of pacey comps or whatever, a high flow and do a flash tune with 3.9's what sort of time would i be looking at down the 1/4 roughly?
15.5 to 14.9. is what I would expect. But you never know until you try.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 07-02-2008, 08:24 AM   #36
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

no worries mate, i'll be keen to do all of these mods when i start this new job i a couple months.cheers
My Ride
My Build Thread
Old 07-02-2008, 08:30 AM   #37
Stav
Smile

Quote:
no worries mate, i'll be keen to do all of these mods when i start this new job i a couple months.cheers
The quality of the tune is the most paramount of importance to reach the goal.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:33 AM   #38
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

could you maybe recommend somewhere or someone that does a good tune?
My Ride
My Build Thread
Old 07-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #39
Stav
Smile

Quote:
could you maybe recommend somewhere or someone that does a good tune?
Theres alot of good tuners down there.The one I like the most is Chris from Bluepower and site sponsor.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:05 PM   #40
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

sweet, ill start lookin into it now
My Ride
My Build Thread
Old 07-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #41
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
just a quick question, was the 14.9 run with all the mods that are listed?cheers
yeah as listed in my sig .it ran a 14.8 with the cam set @ 0* in winter ,the weathers been to hot go for a run lately.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:33 PM   #42
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

the anuals made it easier to run the time, but its a good time never the less, mate has run 14.7's with his manual s1 xr6.
My Ride
My Build Thread
Old 07-02-2008, 08:14 PM   #43
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we should race
Old 08-02-2008, 02:56 AM   #44
The Monty
Just slidin'

Cant wait till it gets cold again, then its on like Kong.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:03 AM   #45
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS5
we should race
lol, ya's both have about the same mods but he still has standard 3:45's.
My Ride
My Build Thread
Old 08-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #46
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

got a quote today from g@d to do the pacey comps and high flow is $990, to do the air box which i prolly wont bother with atm as i will have no need when it gets charged at a later date, and $1095 for the flash tune, they said it'd be around $1500 to do the diff gears, i will probably go the 3.9's.i'll prolly get the headers and cat soon then lower it b4 i do the rest of the mods but what do you guys think od the prices?i havn't been anywhere else just yet to price it up but i will be next week sometime, might take a couple sickys.lol.
My Ride
My Build Thread
Old 11-02-2008, 10:19 PM   #47
FS5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i didn't gain much if anything going from 3.45's to 3.89's.
i cracked my first 1.9 60ty with 3.45's,feels nicer to drive with 3.89.

monty ,you know its on .can't wait to get out there again mate.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #48
sikford
THE Fairmont Ghia 75th

anything much happened in the way of more 14's yet. shouldn't be too long b4 i do a few more things to get a better quarter.
My Ride
My Build Thread