Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 
Default Help - Need an accurate photo representation of the Ford colour 'Phantom'

Help - Need an accurate photo representation of the Ford colour 'Phantom'

Have searched here but where it seems there might be a pic in a thread it always seems to be unable to load and I just get the x in a box, even when right clicking and asking it to show picture... Have tried the Ford and FPV sites but no joy either.

I had to photograph a Harley yesterday for a magazine and it was painted in Phantom but the photos looked too blue no matter what I did with the settings on the camera so I am going to have to fix the colour with some photoshop tweaks. Can anyone help with an accurate Ford photo or similar showing a car in Phantom so I can use it as a guide?

Thanks for any help.

Mods - Feel free to remove this once I have received the help and have replied as such.

Old 23-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #2
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Phantom:

-
-
-
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

These are the best i have from my collection, its a bugger of a colour to photograph!
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

why oh why did they discontinue this glorious colour? who wouldn't want a brand new FG XR8 Ute in Phantom.
Old 23-02-2008, 07:11 PM   #5
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

If that colour was still around when i bought my XR, thats what I would have been getting, such a pity it has gone.
Old 24-02-2008, 09:11 AM   #6
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

I reckon it would have looked great on a Territory.
Old 24-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #7
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Thanks guys. Mods feel free to delete this thread if you want.
Old 24-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #8
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

no need for deletion, it could be useful to others in the future
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post