Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 31-12-2007, 01:41 AM   #1
paul_r_d

Default Advice on a Fiesta

Hi all
I was just wondering if anyone can offer some good advice? I am in the market for a new car and a 3 door LX auto fiesta is on my short list. I am just seeking out infor on the car. What are they like? Have u had and any problems? Reliability?
Any one know what to expect to pay for an auto LX Fiesta? So far I have been quoted 18k drive away.

Any info will be good thanks!

paul_r_d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #2
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Paul
Welcome to the forums, as you would know an auto LX retails for $18,190 + on roads which would bring the car up to around the $20,500 mark or thereabouts so I would say that $18,000 driveaway would be a good price.

I personally have not had an auto but from those around here that have they seem to love them, one thing that is good about them is that they rev lower at highway speeds than the manuals do.

From memory I think the auto runs at about 2700rpm at 100km/h whereas the manual sits at about 3000rpm in fifth which in itself is about normal for small cars these days.

The Fiesta is a great car, it puts up a very strong case as the best small car on the market bar none imo, I'm on my second one now, I sold my Zetec about the middle of 2007 and regretted it big time!!, "didn't know what I had until I didn't have it scenario"
I have just bought another one only about a month ago now and loving it, it's great to be back in the saddle.

You may be thinking that there are cheaper small cars out there and that the Fez is a bit dear?
This is a common assumption and is quite possibly why there are so many small Korean brands getting about such as the Getz and Barina etc, but it's the old adage...."you get what you pay for" and the Fez has such a "good quality feel about it", that's what sold me on it from day one, everything you touch has a good feeling about it in the Fez.

In saying that there are of course a few things that I do not like about the Fez but if you do a search on my previous posts these qualms have been well documented and covered.

At the end of the day I dont think you would be disappointed in the Fiesta at all, it is of very good quality inside and out, the paintwork is excellent (which is more than can be said of many others these days), it drives very well, handles brilliantly, has a good robust engine and is generally a car that grows on you and gets into your blood stream the longer you own one........it's a car that you come to love more and more over time, go for it mate, you'll love it!!
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #3
photn
AFF Post NAZI

what rob said. Also they are sturdy as all hell.

They will survive a serious crash and you will live to tell the tale.

I can prove that as i had a wee accident in my one where the car rolled.

I got out unscathed.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I own an auto LX Fiesta; the previous model. As the others have said, it's pretty sturdy, pretty well built and a darn good drive. The Fiesta has 4/5 star safety. (http://howsafeisyourcar.com.au/_scri...t.php?IID=1751) It does seem a bit dear compared with the other smaller cars in the market, but its well worth it and safer too! (Compared with the Barina-05 model which had a 2 star safety rating).

I'm unsure of the WQ Auto Lx, but the WP ones came with ABS on the auto Lx.

As Photn mentioned, he rolled his car and he came out with all four limbs! There should be photos of it lying around here.
Old 31-12-2007, 01:26 PM   #5
Ben85

I have a 3 door WQ manual, but my little sister has the LX Auto and she loves it. I've driven a lot of cars and the little auto that is in the fiesta seems to be a really smooth ride. Plus it has the option to turn the overdrive off when your around town. Its not as economical as the manual probably burning around 10L per hundred combined, where the manual is around 8L combined. But overall its a nice ride, and the auto doesnt seem to take too much away from its punch. And as for the so called barina's, i wouldnt trust a daewoo as far as i could throw it!!

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 02:19 PM   #6
paul_r_d

Default Thanks guys!

Thanks guys! All I have to say is SOLD! Yes sold on the Fiesta!

I had the Toyota Yaris in mind-I wasn't too keen on the speedo and instruments being in the middle of the dash.
Secondly was the Hyundai Getz. Ok looking, same engine size as the Fiesta and a nice drive away price of 17k. However reports read they have very bad handling and body roll, (in the older models. not sure of the new ones) and well it's Korean- enough said!

I had the Fiesta third on my list because of price. I am student and I really didnt want to go over 17k for a new car. But it's true you pay cheap and you will get cheap.

I am going to wait and save some more to get one. Bascailly from what I have read the Fiesta is a rock on wheels. Reliable and has high safety. Exactly what I want.

Thanks again!
paul_r_d is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 02:22 PM   #7
photn
AFF Post NAZI

No Worries mate,

Hope you enjoy the car as much as we all do.

Hope to see you around these parts more frequently as well.

Have a good one and Happy New years .

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 03:39 PM   #8
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good choice... like robjh80, imo the Fiesta is the best new car you can get under $19,000.

$18,000 driveaway for an auto Fiesta is a good deal. Grab it if u can.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #9
bru20vt

I have a WQ auto 3 dr and love the drive. The fit and finish is quite good for the money. Once you have lived with one you can see where they have cut corners to keep the price down.

Suggest you also have a drive of the Suzuki swift and Mazda 2 before making a decision.

dom
bru20vt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #10
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, especially the new Mazda2... another great little car. The interior just doesnt do it for me, though.
Old 31-12-2007, 06:10 PM   #11
XtRmn8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We have a 5 speed WQ and it has done close to 100000kms and still feels solid as the day we bought it and drives great To add the car is still on factory tyres and breaks neither have had the need for replacing yet. Car has been serviced by Ford at the factory service intervals.

Here is WA they are advertising 07 plated 3 door manual Fiestas for $14990 drive away and extra $500 for 5 door. I think auto should be another $2000, so I think you can get an auto for 17000 on road.
XtRmn8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2007, 06:17 PM   #12
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Holy cow! how much driving do u do a week?

Good to know that the breaks still good after 90,000something kms... Mine's down to 60% fronts.....80% rears and im on 32,000kms. But I do spirited driving once a month or so.