Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-09-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
oldskoolin69
Starter Motor

Default alternator...

sup every1 my ol power steer resivoir decided 2 leak power steer fluid all over my alternator and stuffed it, any1 got 1 in working order by any chance they'd like 2 sell or sumfin? or even where to find a cheep one? i got quoted 300 bux for a reco plus exchange for my old one what a rip, worst comes to worse ill recondition it myself but it'd save me stuffin around if i culd find one, thanx ;) im located in gud ol newcastle nsw

hot tip if ur resivoirs leakin fix it dnt just keep toppin it up! preventitive matainance will save you cash as im learnin now haha

oldskoolin69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
nikos
mezzo forte

I had a similar problem, sometimes you can find them on ebay pretty cheap
nikos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2007, 07:40 PM   #3
KOUPE76
OLD SKOOL BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoolin69
sup every1 my ol power steer resivoir decided 2 leak power steer fluid all over my alternator and stuffed it, any1 got 1 in working order by any chance they'd like 2 sell or sumfin? or even where to find a cheep one? i got quoted 300 bux for a reco plus exchange for my old one what a rip, worst comes to worse ill recondition it myself but it'd save me stuffin around if i culd find one, thanx ;) im located in gud ol newcastle nsw

hot tip if ur resivoirs leakin fix it dnt just keep toppin it up! preventitive matainance will save you cash as im learnin now haha
Heres a hot tip for you, learn how to spell and write properly instead of this sms junk. :

1976 XB GS COUPE (waiting to start the rebuild)
KOUPE76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2007, 07:49 PM   #4
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

goto a shop a buy some CRC LECTRA CLEAN

it comes in an aerosol or a tin.. get the aerosol and just spray the hell out of your alternator

as mine was leaking onto mine and it decided to start flickering the light on the dash at startup.. its now fine and has been for months YAY

but if yours is well and truely buggered you will need a new one
Old 27-09-2007, 08:04 PM   #5
Fish17

My alternator just died today as well, getting a reconditioned one tomorrow, are they easy to fit? what is involved?
Fish17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2007, 09:14 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I had to get mine replaced on the side of the road (as I was working at the time delivering parcels) ... I had NRMA rocking up and replace mine with a brand new one for $300 ... and that included labour as well.

The NRMA guy replaced it within 30 minutes as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2007, 12:23 AM   #7
TMB490
20's are cool

there easy. all size 10 bolts. just take the snorkel and fans off and remove the belt and once alternator is free there is plently of room to pull it out and you can do it all from the top so need for a hoist
TMB490 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post