Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-09-2007, 10:01 PM   #1
cm29579

Default Brake noise

Had my new XR6 '01 for a few weeks. Very sparingly, I will get a high pitch noise coming out of the front left brake. The pads were listed at the last service, 10,000km ago, as being 50% worn, and even when the front left makes no noise, the pads feel like they are weak. The noise only happens when the brake pedal is on and the car is about to come to a total stop.

I would normally just assume pads as a matter of course, but usually, on all my other cars, it was straight out grinding when the pads were done, not a high pitch noise. The gap between the disc and the pad is less than 0.5cm.

Ideas?

cm29579 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Time for some repairs mate... My father suggested that it will be fine... but i hate having noises in my car that aren't what i want to hear... like brakes, rattles, g/f...

I'd suggest you do some maintenance in the form of replacing the pads with good quality ones, getting the rotors machined parallel, and maybe look at servicing the calipers and new fluid... if anything you will now thats its all been done and will be safer.
Old 23-09-2007, 12:05 AM   #3
The Monty
Just slidin'

I have had a high pitched squeal (like a cat is stuck in there) on my front left brakes as well. Its when I turn right, or have had the handbreak on when the car is hot. But its only intermitten. PLus, Ive replaced pads, rotors, hub, stub axle, ball joint so it cant be any of those, lol.