Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-09-2007, 11:59 PM   #1
Auuteage

Default Door locks going beserk!

Door locks switch up and down really fast when I open the door for 20 seconds or so. Cannot get in drivers side. Have to go through passenger side.

Prior to this, it worked ok except that when you locked the doors, only the driver side would actually lock.

Is there some motor mechanism that drives the central locking thats stuffed?

Is there a fuse I could temporarily pull to turn off central and just manually use the key?

Auuteage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
Sledgehammer
Banned

This can occur when you have removed the "press down" plastic locks, what you can find is that they seat too low on the plastic locking pin and then when you lock they unlock etc, I have found that if you lock the doors before you place the 'door locks' back onto the pins they seat fine. Try to remove and replace like this.
Sledgehammer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 09:46 AM   #3
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Can always pull the door skin off and disconnect the plug on the motor on the drivers door to see if it is that.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 10:36 AM   #4
hilly1981

This happened to my dads EF Falcon when he first got it as a fleet car.

The Ford dealership then dragged their feet with the issue until suddenly when it was just out of warranty they miraculously fixed it and then put there hand out for the dosh.

Ill see if I can get some info later today for you from my dad and let you know. I cant remember the exact cause as it was over 10 years ago now.
Old 22-09-2007, 12:16 PM   #5
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Can always pull the door skin off and disconnect the plug on the motor on the drivers door to see if it is that.
If the motor is disconnected, when the doors lock they will cycle unlocked again. That's because the door ajar switch is on the same connector.
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2007, 06:21 PM   #6
T2TL50
Proud Owner of a T 2TL50.

If you disconnect the driver’s door the whole cent locking doesn’t work... they rely on the driver’s door for commands...

As for the motor going nuts remove the unlock indicator and then close the door lock and try...

If it still happens the plastic door ajar switch has died...

Also known as new lock time...

Cheers

The T2 TL50!! Maybe You Will Own One, One Day!!
T2TL50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post