Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-09-2007, 01:50 AM   #1
OXR60W
Waz

Default Door window removal

Hi all,
I had my windows tinted afew weeks ago. The passenger side front window tint was about 2cm short of the full width. The guy claims its because the rubber is too hard to do it all the way but said if i take the window out he will re-do it.

Is it hard removing the window ?

thanks

OXR60W is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #2
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

what type of car is it ??
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2007, 11:47 PM   #3
OXR60W
Waz

Sorry, AU1 XR6.
Old 20-09-2007, 09:56 AM   #4
fatxagt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As a window tinter i can say that your tinter is full of it. Au's and Ba's are too tight in the rubbers to get the tint right to the edge of the glass but getting it close so you cant see the gap is pretty simple stuff for an experienced tinter. Take it back and demand he do it properly.
Otherwise if you wanna remove glass on AU its easy. Remove the trim and you will see that the window has plastic lugs that just unclip from the regulator. Even easier to refit, just slide the glass in and push down on the glass and the lugs clip back in. The biggest danger is scratching the new tint on the door while doing it. Doubt he will replace it then.
Make him do it again in the door.
fatxagt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2007, 11:22 AM   #5
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

My tinter said the same thing, so I have a huge gap down the sides that looks awful. Dad took it back with me and the guy offered to redo one window, which he said one of the other guys did, but the 2 worst ones he couldn't fix.
He said that if we took the window rubbers out and he tiinted to the edge, then as soon as we opened the windows, it would rip all the tinting off.
It looks disgusting, and makes me really angry everytime I look at it.

Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2007, 05:25 AM   #6
OXR60W
Waz

The right hand side driver window is like that Feathers but the passenger would be near on an inch.

Thanks for the advice, i'll head back and see him.
Old 21-09-2007, 07:16 PM   #7
XR6Stu

Ive pulledo ut heaps of au/ ba windows with tints right tothe edge that havent been ripped off or damaged. has a slight sliding mark where it slides in the rubber but cant be seen from the outside. the guy is full of it. make him redo it, or go to cusumer affairs.
XR6Stu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post