Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 10:35 PM   #31
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave351cid
when i asked for his details he just laughed and said he had no money and no insurance to pay
You just tell him - "Don't worry, I'm sure my insurance company's legal department will motivate you to find the money to pay the bill. Not so funny now, is it mate?"
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:59 PM   #32
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
You just tell him - "Don't worry, I'm sure my insurance company's legal department will motivate you to find the money to pay the bill. Not so funny now, is it mate?"
yeah.. i had been having a bad as it was and i had not had to deal with insurance before so wasnt sure how it worked.

i guess we can all make mistakes and do dumb things sometimes without looking but it was his smart arsed attitude that really p*ssed me off. didnt even say woops or sorry or nothin. thought it was a big joke. : i`m not a fighter but felt like giving him a few of these to get the silly grin off his face.:

the second bloke (after i had told him what i thought of his driving habits :evil3: ) i said that my insurance would deal with him and he got all appologetic then and wanted me to call around to his mates place so he could try and fix it. i`m not sure what you could do to a bent plastic bumper and bonnet painted in metalic gold at a earth moving depot on christmas eve ????
but atleast he gave me all his details without any hassels
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250

Last edited by dave351cid; 06-09-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:16 PM   #33
killerjoolz
KillerXR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van D
LOL!

Could have at least said he didn't know where you were to leave details (which is no excuse either!).
I was standing looking at my car when he drove off....thats why I chased him,he then pulled over and got out.....
Old 06-09-2007, 11:18 PM   #34
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Volvos seem to have pretty bad drivers actually some of the worst drivers I have seen
Old 06-09-2007, 11:58 PM   #35
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave351cid
the second bloke (after i had told him what i thought of his driving habits :evil3: ) i said that my insurance would deal with him and he got all appologetic then and wanted me to call around to his mates place so he could try and fix it. i`m not sure what you could do to a bent plastic bumper and bonnet painted in metalic gold at a earth moving depot on christmas eve ???? but atleast he gave me all his details without any hassels
LOL earth moving?! I guess they could dig you a grave then get rid of the problem Bit of overkill, excuse the pun :P
Old 07-09-2007, 03:41 AM   #36
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Nah statistically there are more morons in Commodores... you only need to see the car confiscation stats from Victoria to see this (the commodore is the #1 confiscated car according to the cops).
Of course it is, it outsells everything else at least 2 to 1 and then in some cases 5 to 1 on the smaller less known brands...compare apples to apples...

Also remember at least the Holden can actually break traction!! :jab:

Craig
Old 07-09-2007, 08:12 AM   #37
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

So you were hit by more than 1 Commodore?! Confused.

Seems like the whole bash Commodores is a weekly thread now, might as well make it a sticky.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #38
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
Of course it is, it outsells everything else at least 2 to 1 and then in some cases 5 to 1 on the smaller less known brands...compare apples to apples...

Ricer loser excuse #126: My fully sick engine makes so much power that I could not get traction.........
Old 07-09-2007, 12:06 PM   #39
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Ricer loser excuse #126: My fully sick engine makes so much power that I could not get traction.........
From the biggest ricer of them all:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingcordia
CAR: Mitsubishi Cordia turbo
ENGINE: sirus turbo
TYPE: G62 single cam
Cylinder head: Jet valved head
Boost pressure: 18 psi
Fuel used: Optimax
Auto/Manual: 5 speed manual

Same story, wheelspin, tourque steering etc.
Source: http://rogercordia.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=150
Old 07-09-2007, 12:06 PM   #40
FORD3V
5.4L 3V V8

Quote:

My fully sick turbo is bigger than yours.........
Old 07-09-2007, 01:48 PM   #41
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its a sad day when political correctness and bs means there cant be a good commondore bagging on Ford Forums with people getting their panties in a twist

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
Old 07-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #42
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xe351
its a sad day when political correctness and bs means there cant be a good commondore bagging on Ford Forums with people getting their panties in a twist
Its quite the opposite. I don't mind about commodore people being on here ... It adds differing view's to threads. But, What I don't like - Is commodore people who's sole purpose of logging onto this wonderful forum is to be a one-eyed pole-smoker and say nothing other than negative stuff.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:30 PM   #43
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
Another way to analyse it would be to compare the number of hoons per 100 cars... But you're right, there's an awful lot of commodores on the road however what about toyota? There's bucket loads of toyotas on the roads... I guess there's no 'hoon' problem because most of their drivers are half asleep or singing 'spanish flea' in their head while driving.

Quote:
That's usually cause the Holden drivers are too cheap to buy good rubber
Old 07-09-2007, 02:53 PM   #44
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan635
Its quite the opposite. I don't mind about commodore people being on here ... It adds differing view's to threads. But, What I don't like - Is commodore people who's sole purpose of logging onto this wonderful forum is to be a one-eyed pole-smoker and say nothing other than negative stuff.
same, i have no problem with commo fans being here, and some have good things to say , its just a bit funny when they get all defensive

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
Old 07-09-2007, 05:03 PM   #45
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why can't we all just get along? lol

For the most part, me being a Commodore owner on here is a hard task at times, but yeah it's all in good fun I guess.

I myself don't mind the old fashion Holden vs Ford tussle. It's just when it's taken as a way of a personal attack. Hypocrites p*** me off.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #46
XR5Turbo

really, Commodores are very over rated cars, especially pre VT ones, they are usually just a white slab on wheels, no style, just a 4 door car with the fuel filler on the wrong side for Australia, and in the case of VT on, a grab handle for the driver, which further enhances their European origins. What about the first Commodores, for those here old enough to have been in one? The speedo that doesn't move until you are over 15Km/h, just proves they weren't meant to be driven slowly.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:23 PM   #47
killerjoolz
KillerXR8

after all is said and done......doesn't anyone car that there is a big scratch and cracked paintwork on my beautiful BA XR 8....after all that was the reason for this thread in the first place.......lol

2009 TWEEKD FG XR8 IN SILHOUETTE
all mods done by Walter Markham from Oztek Performance
Old 07-09-2007, 06:35 PM   #48
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol commodores
Old 07-09-2007, 06:49 PM   #49
HOON69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerjoolz
I own a BA XR8 and was hit by a VT Wagon
he knew his VT was only worth as much as your bumper no wonder he tried to run
hope its sorted soon for ya.
Quote:
Looks like I have upset the one eyed holden trolls AND the morons in falcons at the same time...
seems your love disrespecting your fellow ford owners too,glad to know we have such a great group of blokes on ffau...

no better then them ricer forums :
Old 07-09-2007, 06:55 PM   #50
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
in flocks.........lol
Yep, looks like you are right........
Old 07-09-2007, 07:22 PM   #51
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Looks like I have upset the one eyed holden trolls AND the morons in falcons at the same time.........

hahaha
Old 10-09-2007, 12:55 AM   #52
fivepointseven
Starter Motor

Quote:
: Was just down the main street and a FOOL in a COMMODORE hit my car trying to get out of a carpark.Luckily for me my daughter was across the road and seen it all,she sung out to me and I chased the guy down the street and got all his details.It's only surface scratches but thats not the point.Will take it to Panel Beaters and get quote to buff it out and send the FOOL the bill..... :
All of this drama could have been avoided of the real MORON had stayed at home in the kitchen were she belongs. There have been many times I have had to avoid a accident with a FOOL in a Falcon or Commodore or Camry or Magna, you are just showing your ignorance and lack of intelligence with the simple title you gave your thread. How about thinking before you write your next amazing piece of wisdom?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:56 AM   #53
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepointseven
All of this drama could have been avoided of the real MORON had stayed at home in the kitchen were she belongs.
Quote:
How about thinking before you write your next amazing piece of wisdom?
You first you idiot. What a stupid thing to say.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:08 AM   #54
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

I hope you get your car fixed soon joolz. Just give your insurance company the other drivers details once you give him a letter of demand. Your insurance mob will go debt collecting while your car is at the panel shop being fixed.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #55
XR8Master

Women belong in kitchens ?, Maybe if she where "Where she belongs" The superior commodore driver (Male) could have ran into someone else, like another superior commodore driver, Then that would have killed two birds with one stone, your very clever 5.7
Old 10-09-2007, 12:25 PM   #56
james22
With da Warlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
You first you idiot. What a stupid thing to say.
: good one aust

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
Old 10-09-2007, 12:27 PM   #57
Tuddy200
Reaching for 200...

Quote:
All of this drama could have been avoided of the real MORON had stayed at home in the kitchen were she belongs. There have been many times I have had to avoid a accident with a FOOL in a Falcon or Commodore or Camry or Magna, you are just showing your ignorance and lack of intelligence with the simple title you gave your thread. How about thinking before you write your next amazing piece of wisdom?
5.7? Is that your IQ? :
Old 10-09-2007, 03:39 PM   #58
killerjoolz
KillerXR8

Quote:
Pfft....ditto

Hit a sore point did I darlin'.....are YOU one of those MORON Commodore drivers too......don't worry love,when you grow up into a big boy maybe you too will able to afford a real car and get a FORD .... :

2009 TWEEKD FG XR8 IN SILHOUETTE
all mods done by Walter Markham from Oztek Performance

Last edited by killerjoolz; 10-09-2007 at 03:46 PM. Reason: left out stuff
Old 10-09-2007, 06:30 PM   #59
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Ok, that's enough for this one.
Closed Thread