Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 29-08-2007, 06:18 PM   #1
Laserdv
Starter Motor

Default laser KF mods and improvements

G'day folks
Im new to the forum as I am to the ford family, I have just purchased for a whopping(joke) $1500 a 1991 KF laser GL which was driven by a little old lady and is really neat, what i want to do is improve it a bit, its got the standard 13 inch steel rims, so i am after some alloys, i want to stick with the Ford alloys that some of the upper spec lasers had but they are rare, so if anyone has a set Im interested.

also does anyone know what I can do to wring a few more kw out of the old 1.6 OHC, on the cheap that is?

any tips would be appriciated

thanks again
Dan :

Laserdv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
VippiN
What a performer!

As I said in PM.. for others benefit:

Quote:
G'day. Decent plugs and leads will help everything run smoother. But decent is $300+..

Extractors are fine but you can't buy off the shelf anymore as they're old cars I recommend Ebay, don't pay anymore than $200 for a set. a 2" exhaust will complement it well.

I did have some 17s for your stud pattern but they were sold last month.

If I were you i'd go this route:

1.8L turbo conversion from KF TX3 ($5000~)
BG Familia front bar ($300)
Spike Sideskirts and rear bar ($600)
16s ($800)

And go from there with audio or whatever you prefer.

I'll tell you this don't go all out modding your little engine you'll get bugger all benefit, do a engine change like I did for more power. But then again I wouldn't do another engine change i'd just buy the car with the engine it came with ie the TX3.

Cheers if you need any other info feel free to PM or rather make a thread and i'll reply there, this way others can view the thread and benefit from it

Rob
1991 Ford Laser KF TX3 :: BP-T :: 2011-2015 109fwkW
2007 Ford Falcon BF XR6 Turbo Ute :: Barra 245T :: 2014-2019 324rwkW
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR8 Ute :: Windsor V8 :: 2019-2020
2008 Ford Fiesta XR4 :: Duratec 150 :: 2021-*
1998 Ford Falcon AU XR6 :: HP Intech :: 2021-*
VippiN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post