Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-08-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 
Default Pffft $180k was too cheap - Lets try $250K - CHARGER

Well lets see if some one snaps this one up, last seller got flammed for asking $180K for a Charger, but some one purchased it...........

Now there is this for $250k:-

Car Sales Link

Looks like it has just be restored and I am not sure but I think I may know the owner as he was just finishing off his restoration

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
irlewy86
Meep Meep

wow, I didn't think they would be worth 250k, you learn something new everyday.
Old 28-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Well just another day in the car sales trade. The price is just going higher and higher, is there a chance it will down turn like the share market or do you think they will continue on this path?
agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #4
GK351

Quote:
Originally Posted by agony
Well just another day in the car sales trade. The price is just going higher and higher, is there a chance it will down turn like the share market or do you think they will continue on this path?
Somthings got to give, i personally think we have seen the best of the peak
regarding muscle car prices.

would be intresting to see what a couple more intrest rate rises do to this market.
GK351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:

I hope so! I would love to own a genuine XY GT one day.... At the moment even if i would sell everything i have, i would still fall short by half a million!!!

Its depressing really. Such is life!
Old 28-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #6
aussieford
Starter Motor

I didn't see the last one.. but that one looks like its in mint condition. $250k though...mmmm.. I don't know.
aussieford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #7
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieford
I didn't see the last one.. .
Click this link - its the E38 Charger, 3rd Vehicle down in cars for salehttp://www.pentastarparts.com.au/cla...-for-sale.html

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 09:29 PM   #8
AuFairlaneV8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK5766
Somthings got to give, i personally think we have seen the best of the peak
regarding muscle car prices.

would be intresting to see what a couple more intrest rate rises do to this market.
dont think people buying these are too worried about intrest rates, they are the sort of people who have that kind of money lying around.

250k sounds pretty high for a charger, but if its an e49 he might have a chance considering recent muscle car prices. e49 was australias fastest accelerating car at the time and set quarter mile times equal to or better than that of the gtho (puts on flame suit)
AuFairlaneV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 09:32 PM   #9
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Saw this beast doing a search on old cars today...

It's so nice and clean... whether it gets $250000 is another story.
Old 28-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #10
EFIwindsor
Haltech 302w XW

WOW that is some serious $$$
Fuel/intake -XR6T injectors, 255 LPH intank pump, 4" intake, HaltechE11v2 Exhaust-custom Tri-Y headers, Twin 2.5" HiFlo Cats, duel 2.5" exh Driveline-close ratio 4spd, 9" LSD, 300mm AU XR8 fr, XC rear, ZH Fairlane Mas/Cyl & Booster

Project car: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=21641
EFIwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 09:53 PM   #11
Super Roo 1970
Windsor=Screamer

What a beautiful looking car. Vitamin C Orange E49. The market will tell if it sells or not, being the pinnacle of Chrysler Australias Muscle Cars and comparing it price wise to the pinnacle of Ford Australias Muscle Cars, it's dirt cheap.

P.S. They were faster over the qtr than the particular Phase 3's that were put up against them back then.
Super Roo 1970 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 10:31 PM   #12
Mondie
Firm member

l would give my left one to own that and would choose it over many other $250k cars on the market these days. l believe an E49 with Track Pack has changed hands for 400k so this car is not testing the market, but then it lacks the Track Pack.
Mondie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #13
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Amazingn to see the prices of these things just keep going up and up.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 10:48 PM   #14
Super Roo 1970
Windsor=Screamer

Will the muscle car market bubble burst?

Maybe on lesser examples, but the really good stuff will allways get top dollar. Supply vs Demand is still the key factor here, and the demand is massive, the supply few which = virtually name your own price on the best stuff.

Add track pack to that E49 and it would be the ducks guts. I know of a 1 owner E49 in the same colour as this one needing full resto, the owner will die owning it and be buried in it. I also know of a 1 owner E37 restored, and in awesome condition, also not for sale. I nearly scored it for 2.5k, but his wife found out he was going to shift it, and canned the sale. Car was a wedding present to her in 71. Funny thing is its stored in their garage and she complains about it daily being in the way.
Super Roo 1970 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 12:00 AM   #15
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know a bloke here in Perth who I bought a few goodies off who has a CL Drifter Charger.

Owned it since new and has only driven it once a month on a sunday, it hasnt even got 30 000 on the clock yet. I'm almost contemplating holding him to ransom for it, but it is immaculate.

I'd like to see it reach the $250k mark but I dont see it happening. Then again with the crazy prices, ya never know.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
schnoods is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 12:07 AM   #16
irsa76
Snoopping

The amazing this is, even as recent as 10 years ago it would have been lucky to get $20,000. Can you imagine what it would be worth had it actually won Bathurst?
irsa76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 12:40 AM   #17
Fordmuscle1965

Whats with the 'Dukes of Hazzard' aerial hanging of the a#se end? :
1989 F250 V8
Previous Rides
Black G220 Dumped
93 Black ED XR6

04 Territory, 20's, Black, Bling
94 NC Barge, Dumped, 17's
93 EB S, Dumped, 17's

86 Barge, Dumped, 17's
86 Cruiser of Land!
86 XF Wagon, Bull Bar, Raised, Salt Lake cruiser!
82 XE Sedan, Dumped, 15's
74 XB Coupe, 18's
73 XB Sedan
61 XK Wagon, old school.
78 Cortina.

Projects
65 Zephyr, Tubbed, 289, Simmons
65 Mustang LT Project
Fordmuscle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 01:27 AM   #18
peedee

One I know of his marriage went before the E49 and it is vitamin c I thought this was his at first, it is original and unrestored with about 30,000 mile on the clock, the radio is still in its cardboard box inside the glove box, as it was delivered to him in 1972, when he bought it as a run out model for $2500, now that is a smart investment
peedee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 10:03 AM   #19
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Roo 1970
Will the muscle car market bubble burst?

Maybe on lesser examples, but the really good stuff will allways get top dollar. Supply vs Demand is still the key factor here, and the demand is massive, the supply few which = virtually name your own price on the best stuff.
Ford Fans aren't the Only Collectors , there's an old guy in town here (in his early 70's) collect's Valiants of different models (Chargers , Pacers , R & S series ), he started before most other people did , and could now sell one car for more than all of them cost him .

Another 2 mates are collecting Torana's , one has an Immaculate 1970 LC GTR XU1 (unrestored) , The other guy has an SLR 5000 , SS Hatchback , LC GTR , LJ XU1 and a HZ ? GTS Monaro (all original) and a modified 308 LC.

So while there's these type of guys around ,and I don't think they're going to disappear , prices are only going to go up .

Just my thoughts

Norm

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2007, 10:32 AM   #20
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If the crash of 1987 is anything to go by you can bet it will go down, when the share market takes a sustained big hit that affects everyone. A fair number of the high flyers are funded by debt and when the sh!t hits the fan the first things to go are the expensive toys.Having said that it is a shame that silly prices are putting these cars way out of reach... for now.
cheers
Bill.