Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-08-2007, 03:56 PM   #1
ZHANDY
MightyClevo

Smile Did I pay too much?

Hi guys, am the new guy luckily not new to fords, I have just bought a 1978 ZH Fairlane, its running dual fuel, 351 auto , body is straight and paint good, couple rust bubbles nothing big time, engineis 2 yearsold, new auto, new aircon compressor, spotless interior very origianl inside other then CD player and the speakers in the back that emit an eerieblue light at night, goes like a rocket I cant fault it, paid $1800, was good or ripped off? :

ZHANDY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 04:01 PM   #2
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

welcome to the forums

im going to say you were ripped off, these cars aren't worth more then $800 but i'll give you $2000 just so you feel better :P

nah seriously mate, sounds like a very good buy!

whats the interior like?
and throw up a couple of pics!
www.photobucket.com
use that site, it allows you to upload tonnes of pics, and up to 1024x960 pixels i think?
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
ZHANDY
MightyClevo

The interior is near perfect, front carpets could use either a steam clean or replace, they seem to mould like stains under the matts, could clean up ok, no rips tears cracks, its quiet impressive for age,just needs a right hand front door handle and the handbrake cables freeing up slightly, these are piddly jobs, will org some mug shots in due course
Old 28-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #4
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Nah man, i would have no qualms about paying that money for a good ZH 351. No problems at all.

Is it a custom or marquis?

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 05:01 PM   #5
ZHANDY
MightyClevo

its not a marquis its a very late Oct78 model so shes among the last made, I guess shes just a custom, she had a vinyl top but its been removed, her plate codes dont match what I have in the books, will pop these on later and see what the expert say
Old 28-08-2007, 05:03 PM   #6
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHANDY
Hi guys, am the new guy luckily not new to fords, I have just bought a 1978 ZH Fairlane, its running dual fuel, 351 auto , body is straight and paint good, couple rust bubbles nothing big time, engineis 2 yearsold, new auto, new aircon compressor, spotless interior very origianl inside other then CD player and the speakers in the back that emit an eerieblue light at night, goes like a rocket I cant fault it, paid $1800, was good or ripped off? :
UMMMMMMMM , my tyres cost more than that . now do you think you were ripped off?
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 05:40 PM   #7
ZHANDY
MightyClevo

yours tyres arent 30 years old, the old Fairlanes never really had the respect they deserve specially the tanky ZHs the ZF,Gs werent terribly popular, the good ones withthe 51s and 9 inch bums were wrecked to help some falcon gain some strength and power, I guess everything has a value at the end of the day. There doesnt seem to be a dedicated Z series forum, maybe one should be got up and running for those that have em, I dont think I paid too much, not going by unique cars prices anyway. I have always loved fairlanes having owned a 63 compact, ZG and a ZF previously.
Old 28-08-2007, 05:51 PM   #8
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
UMMMMMMMM , my tyres cost more than that . now do you think you were ripped off?
mine too haha.... : Sounds like a good buy mate, not to mention all sorts of possibilities for the future.... :
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 06:03 PM   #9
BA_BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHANDY
I'm no expert but with the engine only 2 YO, new trans and A/C compressor, these's more than 2 grands value alone.

Sounds like a good buy. How much rego is on it and is there any mechanical work need to get it through the next inspection?
BA_BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 06:26 PM   #10
ZHANDY
MightyClevo

Tank has years of time left, tyres are all newish, engine is sweet as a nice though a little lumpy in idle, drives like a ZH fairlane, came with no rego but it or I should say should go over the pits here quiet easily, rest is all good, very clean underneath and no leaks.
Old 28-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #11
steamin63
old skool

top buy.

i love the old tanks , anything from za to zh. it's true that they don't get the respect that they deserve but give it a few years and the ebay whores will realise how good they are and then watch the prices skyrocket. post a photo if you can i would love to see it.

cheers.
steamin63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 09:56 PM   #12
Super Roo 1970
Windsor=Screamer

Sounds like a damm good buy considering what comes with them. We need some decent pics though.
Super Roo 1970 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post