Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-04-2006, 08:51 AM   #1
The Monty
Just slidin'

Default No heat from heater.

Ive tried every setting possible on my climate control, and I just cant get any heat to come out. Air conb works OK, but when I turn up the heat at all, it just stays cold. Any suggestions?

Old 12-04-2006, 10:06 AM   #2
phildee

Happaened to mine once, I just did the reset procedure and it worked fine afterwards.

I cant remember 100% how to do it tho, I 'think' it was just hold the outer 2 buttons down for a few seconds (off and the one which you choose which vents the ait comes out of) maybe someone can correct me if im wrong on that.

Cheers, Phil
phildee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:00 AM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Ive tried every setting possible on my climate control, and I just cant get any heat to come out. Air conb works OK, but when I turn up the heat at all, it just stays cold. Any suggestions?
Let the engine warm up?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 12:09 PM   #4
The Monty
Just slidin'

Thanks Phildee, will try it in the morning, and thanks JC but I was trying to get this going from the time I left my house this morning (5:00am) until I got back (7:00am) continuous trip, so thats not it unfortunately.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:40 PM   #5
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

Yep your right, Vent Location & Off at the same time and that will run a self diagnostic test & reset.

If any error codes come up, note them down, and then run again. If error codes still come up post em up and some maybe able to tell you whats wrong, if second time no codes come up, it should work fine.

You can also enter diagnostic mode, and check out coolant temp, cabin temp etc etc on there by pressing and holding Vent pos, A/C and Auto.

Cant remeber the exact order but should be something like

L - Operator Set Temperature in degrees Celsius (°C)

2 - Cabin Temperature in degrees Celsius (°C)

3 - Ambient Temperature in degrees Celsius (°C)

4 - Evaporator Temperature in degrees Celsius (°C)

5 - Engine Coolant Temperature in degrees Celsius (°C)

6 - Sun load Sensor Reading

7 - Fan Speed percent (%)

8 - Temperature Blend Door Flap percentage (%) opening

9 - - Aircon and Vent Selection (00 A/C Off Floor) (11 A/C On Face) (22 A/C Off Face/Floor) (33 A/C On Screen/Floor) (4 Screen)

H - Water Heater Valve operation (1=On, 0=Off)
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2006, 12:51 PM   #6
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

If your a member of Fordmods.com jump over to the link below. It tells you what error codes are what and stuff like that.

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=9
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2006, 05:24 PM   #7
The Monty
Just slidin'

OK, I tried holding in Vent Location & Off at the same time, I got some noise coming out of my engine, it went cold, hot (Yes hot) then turned off, but didnt give me a number. But it did get really hot, which means it is working, but maybe a loose wire or something, that is stopping the ecu recieving the signal to let hot air through? I have no idea guys, Ill keep trying to sort it out.
Old 17-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #8
The Monty
Just slidin'

Sorry to bring this up again, but now my mums is stuffing up. Can you re-set the non climate control heater at all? Its an AU1 Forte.
Old 17-06-2006, 08:20 PM   #9
Burley
CRE.87V

mine au1 xr6 did the same....pulled out the stereo surround with the controls for air con...bought a new heater valve (about $5) put it in...and check that the wire to change temp is plugged in...to do this...open the glovebox..push the sides in to release location plastic for it....now where u can see there should be a wire with thread at the end..make sure this is connected to a whitish clip clip into temp or vacuum???? if u dont understand.... turn ur temp from hot to cold....if there is no wire moving a slider then thats ur prob....not sure bout this but the climate control may be the same thing behind glovebox.....wire air con not mechanical

hope this helps....
Burley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 07:27 AM   #10
The Monty
Just slidin'

Cheers mate, checked the wire thing, it all moves like it should. It was working one day not the next. My Fairmonts never worked form when I got it, re-set it and it worked fine. Where do you get one of the heater valves from? And have you got a part no.? Thanks.
Josh.
Old 23-08-2007, 11:50 PM   #11
roop69
Starter Motor

I've had similar problems with cold air only from the CC. Tried your fix with good result. Thanks
roop69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post