Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 09:00 PM   #91
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
sorry steffo, i didnt realise everyone has squilions to spend on rebuilding a perfectly/new engine just to turbo it....

the matter of fact is if you just want to SLAP! on a turbo the Duratec engine isnt the best to do it with and you wont extract much from it!

I believe the Question was what is stopping people putting a small turbo on it....Not rebuilding the engine to handle insane amounts of boost. so your answer is irrelevant!
You don't just 'slap,' a turbocharger onto a naturally aspirated and think "there you go!" Pistons, camshaft etc are required if you're going to do that, even for a low pressure application.

Your answer is the irrelevant one because its the incorrect one. You're talking about doing something the wrong way, and then saying it won't acheive much. Well obviously not... :
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Old 09-06-2007, 09:03 PM   #92
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Just enjoy the car for what it is FFS. $25k is a very good price, the zetec has a good chassis setup, the XR4 would be a cracker Im sure.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 09-06-2007, 09:04 PM   #93
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Just enjoy the car for what it is FFS. $25k is a very good price, the zetec has a good chassis setup, the XR4 would be a cracker Im sure.
Definitley. I can't wait to drive the XR4. From what I've read... they make the Zetec (WP, Aus spec) look like a boat around corners...

:
Old 09-06-2007, 09:09 PM   #94
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Definitley. I can't wait to drive the XR4. From what I've read... they make the Zetec (WP, Aus spec) look like a boat around corners...
I haven't driven a Zetec myself, just the stock version (same engine though). It was the first model, and even that 1.6 is gusty enough IMO. The word go kart comes to mind.

I seriously hope it sells well, FoA would have been fighting to get that here in the first place.

edit: kind of off topic, but...it will be interesting to see if the Mondeo ST comes here. IIRC they are opting for the same engine as the Focus ST, but the XR5 name is already in use.....
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 09-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #95
Muscle_Inc
GT= The Gamble,The Legend

I saw these xr4's up at campbelltown/sydney just the other day on the back of trucks and they had the blue stripes running thru them. Definetely a head turner got me thinking if they were a genuine ford article until i had stumbled across this thread which it all makes sense now lol.

Sounds very well priced with all the little goodies that comes with it. Looking forward to seeing some on the road

Howard Marsden -They were at time rated supposedly as the fastest 4 door production car in the world.

Bill Bourke - Part of the GT that changed the auto industry of australia, i would say one word, exciting it added excitement to the industry.

-GTHO P3
Old 09-06-2007, 10:05 PM   #96
0xyg3n

Quote:

Yep I can comfirm that. My WP Zetec feels totally different to my XR4.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #97
b2tf
not here much anymore

Saw them at the dealers today, 2 blue with whipe stripes and one white with blue. Noce looking car but I reckon they should come in a 5 door too.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:22 PM   #98
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
edit: kind of off topic, but...it will be interesting to see if the Mondeo ST comes here. IIRC they are opting for the same engine as the Focus ST, but the XR5 name is already in use.....
Rumours that the Mondeo ST will not be having XR5T's engine. Instead there's an inline 6 engine that will be put into the Mondeo ST.

If Ford Aus brings the Mondeo ST here (to compete with Mazda6 MPS), they'd have to name it Mondeo XR6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Noce looking car but I reckon they should come in a 5 door too.
I think the "practicality" of a 5-door hatch is way overrated. You can just get 5 ppl out of the car as fast in 3-door hatch as 5-door hatch.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:04 PM   #99
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
You don't just 'slap,' a turbocharger onto a naturally aspirated and think "there you go!" Pistons, camshaft etc are required if you're going to do that, even for a low pressure application.

Your answer is the irrelevant one because its the incorrect one. You're talking about doing something the wrong way, and then saying it won't acheive much. Well obviously not... :
ZOMG!!!

Your not worth the PROPER reply back cause your a *** keyboard Warrior... always have to have the last say!

anywho...

the XR4 is a great car... having been in one the cornering ability is just stupendous! so much better than my Zetec anyday.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:08 PM   #100
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
ZOMG!!!

Your not worth the PROPER reply back cause your a *** keyboard Warrior... always have to have the last say!
I'm not worth the proper reply? Clearly you're no different to real life, when you don't know what you're talking about and go over your head (like now), you back away from it with childish commentary. : :

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

I will be checking out the XR4 soon. Hopefully driving one too. Can't wait to see the difference between it and my old WP Zetec.

:
Old 09-06-2007, 11:09 PM   #101
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
I think the "practicality" of a 5-door hatch is way overrated. You can just get 5 ppl out of the car as fast in 3-door hatch as 5-door hatch.
I, and anyone else who has tried getting multiple people in and out of each type of vehicle on a frequent basis, beg to differ. Getting in and out and moving a seat around is far more difficult and time consuming then having rear doors.

:
Old 09-06-2007, 11:19 PM   #102
marcosambrose

Quote:
Damn ********* straight.

What else can you buy for $25k new that looks, handles and goes as good as this thing?

nothing.

XR4 ftw.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:19 PM   #103
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
I'm not worth the proper reply? Clearly you're no different to real life, when you don't know what you're talking about and go over your head (like now), you back away from it with childish commentary. : :

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

I will be checking out the XR4 soon. Hopefully driving one too. Can't wait to see the difference between it and my old WP Zetec.
Every1 on this forum takes what you say as a grain of salt.... so much BS and egotistical crap comes out of your mouth, there is enough to fill the Hindenburg. And you are exactly the person you are in real life.. always having to prove yourself as the person who knows all....

i back away so that the thread doesnt get cluttered with the crap that you WILL post just so that you have the last say... just like this post im typing now....

so whats your next car gonna be steffo... the mk4 R32 Golf.... the F6 typhoon, the XR6T.....The polo gti... ohh god.. make up your mind FFS! in fact.. who cares... jsut dont let us know.. keep it to yourself if you can....

You are as usefull as tits on a bull....And moving your FAT *** in and out of your car does not constitute as moving 5 people around, as much as youd like to think...

Im sorry to every one that had to read this post... im a tad bit not in the mood as certain personal and saddening family issues have arisen... sorry to you all.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:28 PM   #104
Steffo
LPG > You

I find it funny that the person who accuses me of being a 'keyboard warrior,' chooses the internet to mouth off at me. Just one question, and this is the only thing I want to know... why didn't you ever have the guts or ***** to say this to me in real life, if its the way you feel?

Keyboard warrior? The mirror is your friend.

:
Old 09-06-2007, 11:33 PM   #105
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
I find it funny that the person who accuses me of being a 'keyboard warrior,' chooses the internet to mouth off at me. Just one question, and this is the only thing I want to know... why didn't you ever have the guts or ***** to say this to me in real life, if its the way you feel?

Keyboard warrior? The mirror is your friend.
Cause your not worth my Air time... END of story.

Old 10-06-2007, 12:08 AM   #106
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

end of thread

Childish to say the least
Closed Thread