Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 07-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
Sundeep
Banned

Default Ghia stacker packed up... again!!!

Does anyone know how to stop these damn things from retiring themselves? I'm about to get my 3rd if I can find one.

Anyways, this is a lame attempt at covering a WTB in the General section, you can all sympathise with me here and if you have one PM me ;)

Willing to pay $50 for a working order one, otherwise I'm biting the bullet and buying a screen and subbies.

Sundeep

Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #2
EFFalcon
Last warning

Vote 1 Screen and subs.
seeing as its not a forsale/wanted thread, i can voice my opinion ;)
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

You know when mine packed up I went with a aftermarket H/U.

I'll get the rest of the system happening when more cash becomes available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 05:31 PM   #4
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

+1 screen and subbies.

What's the stacker actually doing? Pretty much any competent audio shop can repair them as they're the old Alpine type system with a Ford badge. I had my old one repaired for about $60 because it kept jamming CD's 1/2 in the player bit and 1/2 in the magazine.

I sold my old stacker for $200 without any troubles, hoping for a $50 one might be a bit optimistic ;)

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 05:31 PM   #5
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Screen and subbies sunny do it do it.

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 05:59 PM   #6
webby_191189
low wagooon

Screen n subs in a full custom boot install is the way to go lol. Buy a MP3 head unit and you can burn over 100 songs to a cd

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #7
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Thats weird, mines fine and Ive dropped it a couple of times...LOL

I must be weird, I love the stock system. It could do with a different sub but thats about it IMO.

Although I am sussing out a MP3 players (say an ipod etc), and I want to hide it in the center console or something and have it as stealth as possible. Not quite sure how to do that yet though..LOL..stuff CD's.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #8
BELTA
belta kix lsss!

Yeah mine packed up da other day, i think its a excuse for stereo overhaul or new head unit, has anyone changed the large style unit in there EL Ghias, did u put a big screen or just HDunit & a plastic spacer or somthing else?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:31 PM   #9
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELTA
Yeah mine packed up da other day, i think its a excuse for stereo overhaul or new head unit, has anyone changed the large style unit in there EL Ghias, did u put a big screen or just HDunit & a plastic spacer or somthing else?
And thats another reason why I will keep the stock one. I CBF'd finding something to fit the hole, let alone match the interior. :togo:
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 07-05-2007, 11:34 PM   #10
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

Quote:
Im assuming you have the double DIN setup already? If you want to go to a normal aftermarket headunit, you will have to buy a single DIN surround out of a lower spec EF/EL.

I've got the single DIN at the moment, but I'm sussing out a double DIN touchscreen for the ICC im building...

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR

Last edited by Allen; 07-05-2007 at 11:37 PM. Reason: talking crap again
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2007, 11:38 PM   #11
nommic
EL Monty Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Although I am sussing out a MP3 players (say an ipod etc), and I want to hide it in the center console or something and have it as stealth as possible. Not quite sure how to do that yet though..LOL..stuff CD's.
Could try this mod - http://fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=75

I'm tempted to give it a go myself, but other than the lack of an auxililary-in I'm happy enough with the premium sound.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:56 PM   #12
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nommic

I'm tempted to give it a go myself, but other than the lack of an auxililary-in I'm happy enough with the premium sound.
That is freakin awesome.

But im not good enough (well I dont think so) to give that a crack. I might print the tutorial out and give it to an auto-electrician and see if they could do it for me.

Its brilliant, Id love to have an ipod in the center armrest out of the way.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 08-05-2007, 08:46 PM   #13
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
has anyone changed the large style unit in there EL Ghias, did u put a big screen or just HDunit & a plastic spacer or somthing else?
Yeah mate my stacker died the other week so I replaced the h/u. I got a radio surround from a normal Fairmont (non Ghia) it clips straight in. Too easy.

Quote:
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:51 PM   #14
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nommic

Damn I wish I knew about this before I forked out for the new headunit :(

Quote:
Old 08-05-2007, 09:37 PM   #15
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
I sold my old stacker for $200 without any troubles, hoping for a $50 one might be a bit optimistic
I got my last one for $90 off a forum member with a Fairmont head unit included. I don't have the code for the head unit though. This wasn't after much shopping around either, there are plenty around!

That looks quite interesting! Might be worth a shot.

I am a pretty big fan of the factory system. It's quite effective, and the sound quality and bass from the factory speakers and sub is pretty decent for just the passengers. Obviously doesn't have the capacity to go as loud as after market gear, but does the job inside the car.

I might get a new stacker and a 10" sub or something.

Sundeep
Old 08-05-2007, 09:42 PM   #16
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dose
I got my last one for $90 off a forum member with a Fairmont head unit included. I don't have the code for the head unit though. This wasn't after much shopping around either, there are plenty around!

That looks quite interesting! Might be worth a shot.

I am a pretty big fan of the factory system. It's quite effective, and the sound quality and bass from the factory speakers and sub is pretty decent for just the passengers. Obviously doesn't have the capacity to go as loud as after market gear, but does the job inside the car.

I might get a new stacker and a 10" sub or something.

Sundeep
Yeah that would be the way to go IMO. The standard sub is ok for some music, but anything with alot of Bass and it sounds like poo; mind you even BF's do the same thing.

The AUX input is a fantastic idea, there are some guru's out there thats for sure.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 09-05-2007, 09:53 AM   #17
Oo_xrsx_oO
t i c k f o r d

hey mate I have the stacker from my last EL XR lying around doing nothing at home. Are you after just the cartridge or the whole stacker unit? Not sure if I have cables etc but imagine you could use your existing ones. This is the 10 stacker that sits in the boot?

Liquid Silver / Manual / Leather / Momo Wheel & Shifter / Premium Sound / Lovells Superlows / Koni Reds / T3 Pursuit Rims / Pacemaker 4499s / 2.5 Inch Exhaust
Oo_xrsx_oO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #18
BELTA
belta kix lsss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oo_xrsx_oO
hey mate I have the stacker from my last EL XR lying around doing nothing at home. Are you after just the cartridge or the whole stacker unit? Not sure if I have cables etc but imagine you could use your existing ones. This is the 10 stacker that sits in the boot?
It is a 6 disc stacker wit ford emblem on the door where da clip goes in, if its same one how much do u want 4 it?
Old 11-05-2007, 03:31 PM   #19
Oo_xrsx_oO
t i c k f o r d

Quote:
It is a 6 disc stacker wit ford emblem on the door where da clip goes in, if its same one how much do u want 4 it?
Nah mate it is a Philips 10 stack unit, was mounted in the boot. Car was totally stock when I got it so I assumed the stacker was factory and hadn't been touched. I don't have any cables for it (only the stacker, cartridge and remote) so unless its a direct plug in with the old unit its not much good.

Liquid Silver / Manual / Leather / Momo Wheel & Shifter / Premium Sound / Lovells Superlows / Koni Reds / T3 Pursuit Rims / Pacemaker 4499s / 2.5 Inch Exhaust
Oo_xrsx_oO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 04:28 PM   #20
Sundeep
Banned

Quote:
Nah mate it is a Philips 10 stack unit, was mounted in the boot. Car was totally stock when I got it so I assumed the stacker was factory and hadn't been touched. I don't have any cables for it (only the stacker, cartridge and remote) so unless its a direct plug in with the old unit its not much good.
Hey mate I got your emails and none of the pics worked... I got a pro to look at 'em but he couldn't figure it out either.

I don't think it will be compatible anyway.

Thanks,

Sundeep
Old 22-05-2007, 09:20 PM   #21
Sundeep
Banned

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd update this thread on what's happened instead of leaving it like a loose end.

I scored a factory stacker off my mate Dave (I think he's on here as T66-BT1) for $50 and just tonight hooked a 10" Power Acoustic sub up to the factory amp. I've also got some pretty decent Eclipse speakers to go in the back soon and some Jaycar tweeters ready to jam under the cowl.

It's as good as new now, and the new speakers should make a world of difference without being noticed (fitting in factory spots under factory covers).

Oh yeah and I do have it for sale now, but if it doesn't sell for what I want I'll keep it and spend the cash to upg. to a new daily on the EA.

So yeah there you go.

Sundeep
Old 22-05-2007, 09:31 PM   #22
Polyal
The 'Stihl' Man
Donating Member2

And the sub works fine on the sub? I was told it would struggle on anything else.
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 22-05-2007, 09:42 PM   #23
Sundeep
Banned

Nah works as expected.

We tried a 12" on a mate's car but it struggled hard out, this one works fine.

Sundeep