Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Have you been caught?
Yes more then once. 4 1.47%
Yes I was going a fair bit over the limit. 2 0.74%
Yes once but not by much. 5 1.84%
No but I saw some cameras. 117 43.01%
No I didn't even see a camera. 144 52.94%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2007, 10:08 PM   #91
XRtowcar
Mustang GT mmmmmm......

Going back to Melbourne along Calder freeway. Had a Benz 500SL catch me while i was passing another car on a two lane section near Gisbourne. I moved back into the left lane and he passed me at about 120kmh just as we started going down hill, to which the marked car at the bottom beside a tree flicked the lights on just as i drove past.
Knew i did nothing wrong, but you still worry until he pulls over the right one.
Benz driver deserved it too, gold mags on a silver car, should of thrown the book at him.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:21 PM   #92
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

wnt for a cruise easter sat, about 340 km. didn't see any cameras or police presence at all. pleased to note no road or speed related deaths here in south oz.
thefargo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2007, 11:14 PM   #93
XRchic
Hello

I now have a 4.11 diff with no real tune on the car... Im using 17L/100km on the freeway... NO chance Im going to get caught speeding at the moment!!!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2007, 05:34 PM   #94
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I couldn't believe the amount of people speeding on the roads ... more than normal.

I did notice a marked Commodore Highway vehicle on the M2 (city bound) on the bus lan onramp at Windosr Rd ... sneaky bugger was in a good hidden spot to pick up anyone speeding. This was Friday morning about 7:3am (on my way home from working nightshift).

Other than that I witnessed a cyclist get hit and flung into my lane ... I had just enough time to pull the Territory up in time and run over him. Good thing I had no one behind me.

I was surprised ... first on the scene was NRMA Careflight chopper. (was out new Wilberforce NSW) ... they got there 5 min after I got off the phone to 000.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2007, 06:10 PM   #95
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Other than that I witnessed a cyclist get hit and flung into my lane ... I had just enough time to pull the Territory up in time and run over him. Good thing I had no one behind me.
THAT would be scary! Good work in avoiding him!

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2007, 06:15 PM   #96
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

All I can say is thank god for good brakes/EBD/ABS.

And no tail-gaters ... otherwise the Territory would be in a panel shop.
I still can't believe some people though .... I had stopped traffic (so the others helping the guy on the road didn't get hit .... and impatient people drove on the wrong side of the road to overtake ... realising at the last second that the entire road was blocked.

Doing point duty on a country road is bloody dangerous.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post