Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 02-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
red_hotxr6
Banned

Default Starting problems

Hopefully i am in the right section, i am beginning to experience problems starting the xr6.Sometimes it does other times after i stop there are no lights at all i get out push the leads on the battery, cant feel them move, try again and it starts, other times i need a jump start which goes the first time.What,s up? The battery is like a black no name no brand one. but could there be another (electrical) problem.?

red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 06:31 PM   #2
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

what do you terminals look like? are they all corroded? if they are pour boiling water over them and then coat them in some vaseline then tighten them up a bit. If that doesnt help try swapping batteries with a friend, if that works looks like its time for a new battery!
JUZXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
66 coupe
around the place

take the battery terminals off the battery and clean them all with sandpaper, put them back on and see if it helps the problem. Also sandpaper the battery posts.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

check & clean terminals
check the cables where it joins into the battery terminals
get a battery test done....i think kmart tyre n auto do em for free

hope this helps
brad

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post