Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #1
brax
EL-Brax

Default droopy bumper syndrome

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this before as i could not find a thread for it, anyway i finally got sick of having my rear bumper drooping down on the left side slightly. It looks ugly.
Is there any way to fix this problem? as it seems to be a common problem among E-series fords.

brax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2005, 11:19 PM   #2
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

umm... ill need to check the bumper i pulled off my ghia but, i think if you pulled the bumper off and pushed the brackets where you screw the 2 bolts in, down a bit then they should hold the bumper up? im not sure how they look any more but will check in the morning if it's possible

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
RUQ1KA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 05:32 PM   #3
twr7cx

my EF wagons got this problem too, dropped a bit on the passenger side.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:13 PM   #4
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

i had a look at my ea's bumper and if you have a way to bend the brackets downwards (the ones you put the 2 bolts into on each side, that are in the boot) then it should hold the bumper up once the bolts are put back in

Quote:
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:15 PM   #5
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

oh yeah it could also be because the fibreglass bumper thing inside the bumper has come loose, the ghia was hit from behind (either once it was in niko's posseion or the previous owners) and once u pulled the bumper of the fibreglass was nearly comming off, that would just need the screws screwed back in to be fixed

Quote:
Old 05-09-2005, 11:59 PM   #6
brax
EL-Brax

just took a closer look at it this evening and there is one screw holding it there, all the rest are missing(as in the complete thing that you screw the screw into is not there anymore) lucky me, looks like another trip to the wreckers. might try and get an alternator while i am there.
Old 18-02-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
kevmcg

Default EL Rear Bar broken plastic brackets

My EL droops on either side.

i have pulled it off and the plastic section that the side brakets screw to are broken.

I am thinking of plactic welding or chemical bonding (glue) or modify it with a new bracket.

The original looks very flimsy.

anyone else delt with this same problem?
Old 18-02-2007, 03:22 PM   #8
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

I was love touched from behind on a recent cruise and it knocked the bumper down on the right side a little bit, bout an inch or so.

Take the bumper off, now take off the metal bracket on the side that has fallen, put it in a vice and get out the hammer!

This is how I bent mine back up, now it sits perfect again.
Old 18-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #9
brax
EL-Brax

wow, I did not realize this thread still existed. I fixed the droopy bumper syndrome a while back(I now have an EL sedan) by beating the metal bracket that holds the bumper in/on, it worked a treat. I did not bother taking the metal bracket off and putting it into a vice, i just hit it while it was attached to the bumper. Was easy enough to do.

Just remember Japan and South Korea are testing it all and showing what the rest of us are going to enjoy. - OC Modshop
Old 18-02-2007, 04:30 PM   #10
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Hahaha I didnt even relise the date of the original post!
Old 18-02-2007, 07:24 PM   #11
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

Lol this thread is back from the days when i had Niko's old Ghia! lol! that was ages ago:P

Quote: