Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 07-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
Blitz

Default Sell to wreckers, sell to someone as shell potentially needing new head ? what to do.

Hey

Well after ongoing issues with my EBII running on 5cylinders its progressivly getting worse. It's hopefully going to the mechanics early in the week which over the phone sounds like i might be up for a new head. I've been wanting to sell the car for a while now and get something newer and probably smaller so im not sure if i wanna spend the money getting it fixed.

which would be the best way to get rid of this car without loosing too much money ?

e.g sell to a wrecker or sell to someone as a shell needing engine work ?

any wreckers out there known to give good prices for a complete falcon ?

cars in ok condition, no crash history, original pannels. bad rust spot on passenger A pillar (inside the door on the body/A pillar) interior is a bit tacky and the engine obviously needs some attention. 280k kms and its on Gas which is due for its 10 year inspection in 2 years.

thanks

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Your probably lucky to get $50-$100 from the wreckers

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
niko
likes falcon's

if it's rolling some towies are giving 150-200 if it's mostly complete
Old 07-01-2007, 01:44 PM   #4
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz
Hey

Well after ongoing issues with my EBII running on 5cylinders its progressivly getting worse. It's hopefully going to the mechanics early in the week which over the phone sounds like i might be up for a new head. I've been wanting to sell the car for a while now and get something newer and probably smaller so im not sure if i wanna spend the money getting it fixed.

which would be the best way to get rid of this car without loosing too much money ?

e.g sell to a wrecker or sell to someone as a shell needing engine work ?

any wreckers out there known to give good prices for a complete falcon ?

cars in ok condition, no crash history, original pannels. bad rust spot on passenger A pillar (inside the door on the body/A pillar) interior is a bit tacky and the engine obviously needs some attention. 280k kms and its on Gas which is due for its 10 year inspection in 2 years.

thanks
as a hardly running you might get scrap , thats $125.oo a tonne , or put a suitable price on it here and flog it honestly , will get more , or replace the head your self and then sell it for best price , used head will run $100 to 150 then gaskets bolts etc less than $200.00 and your labour .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 02:03 PM   #5
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wreck it yourself. You'll probably get more for panels than you will for the whole car from the wreckers.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #6
Blitz

cheers.

yeah i was kinda hoping someone would wanna buy it knowing that a new head (if thats what the problem is) isnt that much and it would be a good cheap car to run on gas once fixed.

I live in a unit so wrecking it isnt really an option - no where to keep a dismantled car.

ill see how much i get quoted to fix it cause im sure i could sell it then for like $2k maybe ?
Old 07-01-2007, 05:32 PM   #7
kratas
Goes like an AU

doubt it, 280k is quite a bit on an EBII, especially with a badly rusted A pillar. I picked up my old EBII with only 116k on the clock for 3 grand? and it was in perfect condition, original seats with no stains etc, the guy who owned it was an old greek guy and he even put fly screen over the radiator to protect it from bugs etc, so yeah.... 2k with a blown head and bad rust, might get maybe 1k? thats just my 2 cents
kratas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #8
nos_james

with a blown head and bad rust u will get 150-200 form a wrecker with the head fixed might get 800-1500 depending on the rest of the car ebs are cheap now
nos_james is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 06:59 PM   #9
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nos_james
with a blown head and bad rust u will get 150-200 form a wrecker with the head fixed might get 800-1500 depending on the rest of the car ebs are cheap now
NO way would a wrecker give him anywhere near that money when it is fixed

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 07:13 PM   #10
Blitz

i was saying $2k after it's been fixed, not with the blown head. they seem to go for this on trading post, and thats without LPG.

the other thing i was in the process of doing is swapping the interior out of a donor EBI Fairmont i have so if i can still be bothered with this it will have very clean fairmont interior.

who knows... see what happens... i just want to get rid of it :(
Old 07-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #11
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

the insurance company has trying to find out what eb's are worth to a wrecker and the are asking for eb xr prices and even as an xr they are only saying $50- $100
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 08:56 PM   #12
nos_james

i am only taking a rough gess as to what it is worth as if it is just a gl with rust then yeh only worth 800-1500 in the trader u might see then advertised for more but that is not what they are worth and the most a wrecker will give ya is 200 if ya lucky i normaly sell stuffed cars for 175 atm as srap is worth a fair bit a few years ago it was only 50 but if your car is in extreamaly good nick it might be worth more but u can buy a nice clean xr for 2500-3500 any day
nos_james is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #13
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz
I live in a unit so wrecking it isnt really an option - no where to keep a dismantled car.
Quote:
the other thing i was in the process of doing is swapping the interior out of a donor EBI Fairmont i have so if i can still be bothered with this it will have very clean fairmont interior.
you cant wreck your car but can dismantle another one?

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2007, 01:27 PM   #14
Blitz

TonkoXR8, dismantling 1 car for a wreck, having it missing all kinds of parts and generally sitting there in a mess is different to having 2 cars swapping interior, effectivley keeping both cars in tact as parts are being directly swapped.

both cars are driveable (well not the EBII now)