Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 07-01-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
kratas
Goes like an AU

Default Rev peaking, any help would be loved!

ok, so I have a slight problem with my EL, and before I take it to the mechanics, would love to know what you guys think.

I'm driving a 4.0i falcon futura, manual. My problem is, that when the cars warmed up a little bit, it will start to do strange things when I coast along in neutral, or leave the car in neutral when stopping. What happens is, lets say im traveling along at 80kmh in 3rd gear, doing around 2.5k revs. If I put the car in neutral, it will drop down to 2,000 revs and sit there for a good 10-15 seconds, then drop to 1,500 revs and sit there for a while and then finaly drop into idle. Same thing if I am coming to a stop, say from 2nd gear @ 50kmh, put the clutch down it will continue to rev at 2,000 revs, however if I put it in first and lift the clutch without applying throttle, it will drop straight to idle? its very very concering, and I think I also feel a slight loss of power. I put a bottle of injector cleaner into the tank, thinking maybe dirty injectors were the problem, but it hasnt seemed to have fixed the problem. Wondering what this could be? thanks for the help, its very disturbing / frustrating

kratas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

TPS or ISC playing up i'd say. Very common thing to happen.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 05:58 PM   #3
kratas
Goes like an AU

cheers for that! if anyone else has any ideas, would love to hear em
Old 08-01-2007, 01:02 AM   #4
kratas
Goes like an AU

ok, well maybe atleast you could explain what the ISC or TPS do? (still new to cars, but im learing hehe)

crap, sorry for double post