Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 06-01-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
kratas
Goes like an AU

Default Over head torque control, any ideas?

Hi there guys, have not been on here for a while

anyway, I've had my EL for about 6 months now I would say. Its an EL futura, olympic classic, with S pack, rear wing, nice fat tyres on the back, etc (gona get some photos up soon) it has a custom exhaust system, but no extractors. I was poking around the engine bay (doing the whole 5,000km oil change, coolant, check, spark plugs etc) and I popped open my dads EL fairlane. I noticed that his engine bay was almost empty compared to mine, and wondered why. Then I notice my whole engine bay is taken up by some bolted down piping running from the air intake to my engine, (will get some photos up) I wondered if it was aftermarket, but noticed its a "Ford overhead torque control" now, I have never come accross one of these before, and am fairly new to modding cars, so was wondering if any of you guys knew wtf it is, could give me an idea what it does, and if its viable to still put extractors into my baby if I have that? cheers guys. PS, my EL is manual one of so few in the olympic classic that noone ever beleives that its a manual till I open the door and show em ing_sm

kratas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 04:40 PM   #2
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

pics!

nice a manual btw.

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 04:45 PM   #3
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

would be interesting to see some pics,,never heard nor seen it before either
Old 06-01-2007, 04:50 PM   #4
Rollin
Banned

Don't you mean 'computer torque control'? That just refers to the dual-length intake manifold runners (or BBM - BroadBand Manifold - as we usually call it).

The engine has a variable length intake path, and the computer controls weither the air comes in through the long or short path - long runners = torque, short runners = hp, so it uses the long runners up till about 3500 or something, then switches to the short runners after that.

There was also two different pipes from the airbox to the throttle body between EF and EL - one split into two smaller pipes up around the back of the motor and the other just had a single big one.

Not sure why or what models did or didnt get it.

The intake pipes are interchangable and are not related to the BBM, that is between the throttle body and the head of the motor.

Yes you can put extractors on it
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #5
BLDNUT01

Maybe some1 put the old EF air intake from the air box it splits in 2 pipes then joins to 1 at the throttle body on your car coz i ,ve heard the EF 1 is better but cant see how when the ef air tube go over the exhaust so you shouldn,t have any prob modding the car
Old 06-01-2007, 06:38 PM   #6
335JET
@jas_23_

PS, my EL is manual one of so few in the olympic classic that noone ever beleives that its a manual till I open the door and show em

i know that feeling, my futura is factory manual.
most people think that only xr6 and xr8's came out in manual, not the normal falcons.
335JET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 04:15 PM   #7
kratas
Goes like an AU

hey guys I promised some photos, so here we go took em on my phone so I dunno how great they will work

I will put some outside photos ETC on a seperate page
Old 07-01-2007, 04:23 PM   #8
DaNeoS
Banned

that is a standard EF Intake,
DaNeoS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #9
kratas
Goes like an AU

well, I feel like a d**k but yeah, never had much experience with EL/EF, as my first was an EB oh how I loved that car... it was also a manual lol. But yeah, like I said, havnt poked around with her yet, hoping to get a dyno tune after my extractors are put in thanks for the help guys