Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 08-12-2006, 06:33 PM   #1
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

Default catback cost?

iv already posted this in another forum but thought id post in here to get a little more feed back.

whats an average price on a catback exhaust for the EA falcon. i dont want it droning away to load so that it annoys me and the cops. i think the stock size is 2"? but im guessing im gonna need a 2.5"
not much knowledge when it comes to exhuast.

needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 06:53 PM   #2
AdzT3-146
own the road

2.5" mandrel bent for a 6.
Price would be somewhere between $250 to $350.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
EDXR6T

Get a second hand system.

There was a mandrel bent catback just gone for $80. But you might have to wait for them to pop up.

Adz is pritty much right with the price's there.
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2006, 08:54 PM   #4
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

thanks for the replys. what sort of effect do they have? i realise im not going to notice much if not at all, any difference in engine performance. does it effect fuel consumption much?
Old 09-12-2006, 01:31 AM   #5
Alan Shore

When the exhaust settles a bit (takes a few weeks or so)...performance is slightly better but nothing to brag about really. Airflow is improved and being a 2.5" there is less restriction exhaust-wise...so economy should improve, but again nothing to brag about. Chances are that after it settles...you'll love the exhaust note and just start thrashing it to hear ya car scream...meaning you'll never know if it's indeed better on fuel...loll
Alan Shore is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2006, 03:15 AM   #6
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Shore
When the exhaust settles a bit (takes a few weeks or so)...performance is slightly better but nothing to brag about really. Airflow is improved and being a 2.5" there is less restriction exhaust-wise...so economy should improve, but again nothing to brag about. Chances are that after it settles...you'll love the exhaust note and just start thrashing it to hear ya car scream...meaning you'll never know if it's indeed better on fuel...loll
too true! having a upgraded exhaust does improve fuel economy slightly but it sounds so good and is VERY hard to keep a light foot!
Old 09-12-2006, 09:37 AM   #7
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

Quote:
Chances are that after it settles...you'll love the exhaust note and just start thrashing it to hear ya car scream...meaning you'll never know if it's indeed better on fuel...loll
haha, iv actualy thought of this and have already been training my self not to, but when i here another ford go past with custom exhaust it sounds so nice.