Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-12-2006, 12:41 PM   #31
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

That's possibly the coolest car ive ever seen. Are you in "the business" ?
Old 01-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #32
XFshep
Bodysnatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
That's possibly the coolest car ive ever seen. Are you in "the business" ?
nah im not, i just heard from a mechanic that matty blade (infamous busker in perth) was selling his 'work car' which he carted all his props around in to gigs.

i went and had a look at this thing, not entirely sure what to expect and fell in love as soon as i saw it, been cruisin' ever since. :hihi:
XFshep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 01:56 PM   #33
XFshep
Bodysnatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooN XL
I love the wagon XF shep, Looked everywhere for a hearse as a band wagon but couldnt find one so I settled on my XL.
nice wagon mate, im a big fan of older falcons, would make a decent band car i reckon.

just noticed the number plates too :evilsasmo .
Old 01-12-2006, 06:01 PM   #34
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

Speaking of bad bridge experiences, I was coming into forbes with the army and we were led to the showgrounds we were staying at by some officer... 'm trundling along and just as I'm about to hit a bridge I see the 3 tonne load limit sign (was partially obscured) Seeing I have a 16,700kg truck, with an 8,500kg trailer, with a 3,500kg truck on the trailer (just shy of 29t) If I had stopped I would have come to a halt in the middle of the sucker, so I booted it and made it across (thank god) I asked the officer why he led us that way and explained my dilemma at almost dying. In the end, someone else came up to me and tried to charge me for failing to adhere to the road rules.... they were with drawn when I told them that nearly every vehicle that went over that bridge exceeded 3 tonne. I rang the council and they said it used to be a 20t bridge, but for some reason had just been changed... Anyway, I happy to be here today.

https://****boxrally2015.everydayher.../martini-rally

Ford Courier XLT Crew Cab, 160rwkW+ AUII Forte Family Sedan is now the Race Car!!!
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #35
XFshep
Bodysnatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack 6
Speaking of bad bridge experiences, I was coming into forbes with the army and we were led to the showgrounds we were staying at by some officer... 'm trundling along and just as I'm about to hit a bridge I see the 3 tonne load limit sign (was partially obscured) Seeing I have a 16,700kg truck, with an 8,500kg trailer, with a 3,500kg truck on the trailer (just shy of 29t) If I had stopped I would have come to a halt in the middle of the sucker, so I booted it and made it across (thank god) I asked the officer why he led us that way and explained my dilemma at almost dying. In the end, someone else came up to me and tried to charge me for failing to adhere to the road rules.... they were with drawn when I told them that nearly every vehicle that went over that bridge exceeded 3 tonne. I rang the council and they said it used to be a 20t bridge, but for some reason had just been changed... Anyway, I happy to be here today.
kinda trumps my story by a long way

you're a lucky man.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:39 AM   #36
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nobody tops the driver of the Mack prime mover who went onto the Macquarie River bridge in Wellington in 1989. His load was a trench digger that got caught up in the overhead structure of the bridge and dragged the entire bridge into the river, truck and all. Cut the town in two for ages.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:25 AM   #37
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlewThunder
Yeah, you would think the figure quoted on the sign would really be the SWL, and the MWL would be a tad higher...but its an old wooden bridge there are probably termites in it or some such silly thing
Just an intresting titbit, the term SWL is no longer used for rigging, slinging, crane equipment etc, Its been replaced by WLL (working load limit).

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 01:27 AM   #38
Aeron
DJR Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFshep
nah i keep them buried behind my shed.
You scare me. A lot!
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 03:36 AM   #39
HOON69
Banned

thats one big heffa of a car

any pics of this bridge?
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 01:34 PM   #40
XFshep
Bodysnatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
thats one big heffa of a car

any pics of this bridge?
nah didnt have a camera on me, shall take a snap if i remember next time im around there.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:41 PM   #41
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFshep
well i was driving along a backroad up in the hills where i live and had to cross a fairly dodgy looking wooden bridge which had a sign saying: max load 2000kg.

now, knowing i really shouldnt have seeing as my car is around 2400 with a full tank but there was no way to turn around and so i chanced it, half way across and i hear a sickening crunch, get out and one of my back tyres has gone straight through the planks...DOH.

so with a bit of swearing, a bit of pushing and alot of revving i managed to get the poor girl free, and amazingly the only damage was one of my tailpipes got slightly bent.
So the sign gave a max weight, but you drove over it anyway? That hole you left in the bridge, did you ring the council to let them know so they could make it safe for the next unsuspecting driver and send you the bill. I know you are all for driver responsibility from you posts in another thread.

If you somehow forgot, just post the details here and I'll pass them on to the appropriate authorities i.e. the council and police.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #42
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

self misery never ceases to amuse me.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post