Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-11-2006, 08:26 AM   #61
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GT
As much as I dislike jap crap, its the "scum" media that blows things out of proportion. The sensationalisation of a p plater driving a "recognised" hoon car that is involved in an accident it too good of a story to pass up. This was proven the other day when a p plater crashed the car and killed his female passenger.........nothing was mentioned in the papers that the car was traveling at close to 200 clicks, and was a bog standard toyota.

If any media folk take offence....... tough.

There are a lot more incidents that are due to street racing that involve "black license" drivers and non hoons mobiles that you would believe, however a bandwagon can not be created/followed with Mr. Average Joe, driving boring plain ole standard car.

Regards
Paul
Spot on.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 08:39 AM   #62
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GT
As much as I dislike jap crap, its the "scum" media that blows things out of proportion. The sensationalisation of a p plater driving a "recognised" hoon car that is involved in an accident it too good of a story to pass up. This was proven the other day when a p plater crashed the car and killed his female passenger.........nothing was mentioned in the papers that the car was traveling at close to 200 clicks, and was a bog standard toyota.

If any media folk take offence....... tough.

There are a lot more incidents that are due to street racing that involve "black license" drivers and non hoons mobiles that you would believe, however a bandwagon can not be created/followed with Mr. Average Joe, driving boring plain ole standard car.

Regards
Paul
I agree 100% mate. Good post!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 08:44 AM   #63
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Agreed! To the media its about the money & front page news
Old 03-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #64
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I don't believe the cars are at fault. This sort of idiotic driving is a cultural thing and could happen to any fool who thinks he is invincible on the roads, regardless of what they are driving. What we need to do is educate these people, that what they are doing is bloody wrong. This should start at school with the driver training programs and then make sure we have tracks for these people to have a go on. But this would be an uphill battle, as the youth today, don't give a stuff what anyone says, they think they know better, they have watched the fast and furious and they will do what they like! This problem is not isolated to a few. I know where I live, there are always young bucks in p plater cars, pulling up next to me and wanting to race. If we cannot educate them then legislation is needed, which should be strictly enforced, similiar in detail to the new hoon legislation, but with some jail time slapped on.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:17 AM   #65
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC
What was a P-Plater doing in an EVO?!!?
He probably went for a joyride in daddys car :

No P-plate can afford a 60K car unless they manage to secure themselves are rather large loan...
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 09:52 AM   #66
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30487256

No P-plate can afford a 60K car unless they manage to secure themselves are rather large loan...
Depends how hard they work and how much they save!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 09:58 AM   #67
Scott

Given that EVO-VI start from around $25k, I guess they are affordable to more younger people than they get credit for?
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 10:26 AM   #68
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBFalcs
any way the reason the passenger always dies is because it's instinct to save your self so you usually turn the car so the passenger hits the object.
Really? So even though you've lost control and can't stop yourself from crashing.... you still have enough control to put your passenger into the pole instead of you? : You haven't been driving long 'eh?

As for this incident, the bus crashed 15 minutes before the car according to that article... thats no traffic light drag thats a full on race and that's just plain stupid. Proof that Darwin was right on the money.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 11:05 AM   #69
It'sTheVibe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30487256

Could be family money. When I was at Uni, one of the overseas students had a new Ferrari 348 on P plates. Nephew of a certain neighbouring president.
It'sTheVibe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 12:06 PM   #70
bigAl
THIS IS SPARTA!!

i read in the telegraph this morning that the passenger in the evo was charged with rape and was on bail, i guess karma got the better of him...
bigAl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 04:27 PM   #71
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The driver of the Evo should help them do the post-mortem of his friend down at the morgue. The coroner would be glad to see how he killed his friend and allow him to survey the trauma on his friend's body.

Maybe then this ******** driver will realise that driving is bloody dangerous! Don't make it worse.
Some people don't deserve cars.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2006, 05:20 PM   #72
RS500
RB 25 TURBO USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC
Stuff like this will doom us all.
Its more damaging to us Import owners.

Young kids should be allowed to drive anything powerful. I know you have restrictionos over in the eastern states but sa doesn't. Back when i was in school a couple of kids were killed when "daddy" bought him a turbo silvia. They were racing other comodore owners and ended up in a tree
RS500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post