Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-10-2006, 03:01 AM   #31
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its his brother, im sure all of us would do the same for ours. And they are basically in the same team.
Lowndes and Bright are not related, nor in the same team.

As much as I like Lowndes, it was his fault what happened to him.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 08:48 AM   #32
VelocityXR6TUte
Off to Never Never Land

Remember the big word they were throwing around a couple of years ago Parity = boring racing unless you have the driving skills to be that extra bit quicker.

Maybe we could give them a push to pass button like champ cars or cut off the roofs remove the gaurds turn them in to single seaters etc.

The bottom line is that it is a crap track for these cars, if it was removed from the calender I would not be diaspointed
VelocityXR6TUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 04:09 PM   #33
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb_351
next thing theyll be banning the commodore because ithas too high of a win ratio compared to the falcon...
Do you watch the V8's with your eyes closed? Ford have won the last 3 championships, this years Sandown, Bathurst, and recently the BA was announced the most sucessful car in ATCC history.

If Lowndes was still driving for HRT, would this thread read anything like it does now? I think not.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #34
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Ive posted my discust in the thread in the pits section. Nuff said from me here.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 05:01 PM   #35
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Well i must be to nice, because if i was ingal or bright i would be letting Lowndes past to help him out, it was clear that lowndes was quicker so why hinder him when it was clear staying infront was of know benefit. I believe 888 should have appealed the drive through on the merit that straight lining a chicane hardly warrants a 40second drive through, how does that seam fare. They could have even reviewed it and gave him 10sec penalty after the race. I hate seeing racing outcomes being decided by the officals rather than on the track where it belongs. Just wait and see if we all feel the same if rick kelly wins this year by 5 points after lowndes was penalised for that chicane incident that means the officals effectively let the wrong person win by way of poor decision making
Old 23-10-2006, 05:24 PM   #36
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
I just checked the 2007 calendar on the super V8 web site and i notice both Surfers Paradise and Adelaide are still there with a disclaimer that dates and times are subject to change.

I was sure I read somewhere that They were pulling out of the Grand Prix and Indy because in the words I recall "the dates don't suit us".

This was not long after Channel 7 annouced it had the rights on Super V8's after this season. Channel 10 still have the Grand Prix and Indy, that is the conflict that will happen.

So watch the 2007 Calendar, it probably will change.
I think you mean Melbourne, the Grand Prix hasnt been in SA for about 10 years now....LOL

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 05:28 PM   #37
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

If the V8's don't go to Indy next year, I can see numbers being way down on previous years...
Old 23-10-2006, 05:38 PM   #38
CATFORD
SCALDED CAT

Unfortunately I am a little one sided here....but I'm glad Bright stood his ground.....FPR have worked extremely hard to get where they are....and over the past 4 years they have copped critism over there lack of speed and results....Bright and Winterbottom derserve to be in the positions they achieved on sunday and in the championship so far.....as for Lowndes he didn't rectify the position when he should have and inturn copped a drive through....he also was pinged during his observation lap for warming his tyres in race 1....hence him starting from 11 th in race 2.....he broke alot of rules this weekend and he paid the price....Bright didn't break any rules....so why should he just give up a position and inturn give the team a worse result....I don't believe in other teams helping each other win the championship....if Holden want to have 3 teams verse one Ford team...let them...all Ford drivers are out there to win for there team, sponsors, supporters, family etc.....just remember not everyone is a die hard Lowndes fan....I like the guy he is great....but there are other Ford drivers that deserve the same amount of support!!!!

Go BRIGHTY!!!
Old 23-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #39
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
I think you mean Melbourne, the Grand Prix hasnt been in SA for about 10 years now....LOL
He's talking about the Adelaide V8 race
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 08:49 PM   #40
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Its his brother, im sure all of us would do the same for ours. And they are basically in the same team.
Lowndes and Bright are not related, nor in the same team.

As much as I like Lowndes, it was his fault what happened to him.
I agree with you there mate but the drive through wasnt deserved, letting another car passed after that would be kinda hard, in Lowndes situation there was another car immediatly behind russell and it would have been hard for him to let Russell by then not the other car aswell and unfortunatly bye the time he had come around for his next lap officials had handed him the drive through because he took "too long" to address the situation. :
Old 23-10-2006, 09:14 PM   #41
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

I believe that the punishment must fit the crime,you get a drive through for spinning someone out, a drive through for straight lining a chicane A BLOODY JOKE. I would have kept driving and dealt with it after the race.