Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
noosacuda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default weekend project- fit a six pack

This is what i did last weekend to my Chrysler 300......

noosacuda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Holley 2300's ?

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

I think I need to see a picture of the 300.
cs123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #4
AUIIForte

I call a fake. The panels (inside of the engine bay) do not look anything like a Chrysler 300.

Unless you couldn't get pics of it, so just showed pics of your old car.
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #5
ZA-289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIForte
I call a fake. The panels (inside of the engine bay) do not look anything like a Chrysler 300.

Unless you couldn't get pics of it, so just showed pics of your old car.
I hope your not assuming this is a 300C
ZA-289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #6
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

I think he would be perhaps talking about the original Chrysler 300. And the set-up if the normal Chrysler route when going triples has two x 500 Holleys and a single 350 Holley with a progressive throttle linkage so light throttle only uses the 350 with a pair of 500s coming into play as throttle is opened wider.
Old 23-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #7
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Fake?? I think he is talking about something like this
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/...vertible-1.jpg

It's pure horn
cs123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by noosacuda
This is what i did last weekend to my Chrysler 300......
that looks awesome. what did you have in it before the 6 pack? and has it made much of a difference?
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #9
noosacuda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No fake, it's an OEM set up- Edelbrock manifold,2 x 500 cfm vacuum operated 2ndries and a 350 cfm central carb with a progressive linkage, (factory rated 390hp).
NOT A FAKE. It had a single 750 Edelbrock previously. It's in a 1966 Chrysler 300 coupe that weighs approximatly 2300kg's. In a 1966 road test with a 440 (365hp)single 4 bbl on cross-ply tyres they used to do 15.2 second 1/4 mile times.
noosacuda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post