Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-12-2008, 12:32 AM   #1
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED Classic
Id say a combination of the final price,( More than 2 F6's for one of these ... when they are only what 2-3 car lengths slower than the 427 to the speed limit and actually enjoyable on the road, If you want a race car buy a race car), And the timing didnt help with the economy (I know people who were ready to retire comfortably and now have to work on another 5 years + for that same luxury in retirement, Not saying people who are wealthy dont have the money but when that money you have in super/shares/property/business profit etc falls by 10% and in many cases more people have other priorities than spending 160k on a local car.
Exactly.

I can imagine a typical scenario, whereby weathy middle-class "self-made" men had planned to get 50 grand added onto each of their three investment properties to get a W427. With the turn in credit access, this option has come to an end for the majority. Even if there was only 10 people like that in every state (on average), there is 80 units alone.

Then you look at the slump in super and you could imagine that number again as retiree's look to consolidate and rebuild.

I said it before and i'll say it again, great car in theory, but 50K overpriced........ especially in Panoramic silver.

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post