Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-01-2023, 12:10 AM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Restorative Dentistry - Oz vs OS

This is something that was creeping into my sights the last while, until a recent back injury shuffled priorities.

I need a stack of work done on my fangs, the alternative being dentures - which honestly isn’t appealing. Missing teeth replaced with implants, bite correction, crowns… Sydney prices seem stratospheric. (Wildtrak money, maybe plus a bit!) I need good teeth to see me out with normal care - I don’t need a grin to look like Tony Robbins.

Has anyone here actually used overseas dental practices? Even with the reality of multiple visits and on-costs of travel, some places tout themselves as a more economical alternative. A lot of the negative stories I’ve seen relate to quick sets of full implants, the “all on four while you enjoy a tropical holiday” type of thing - which is not my scope.

Whatever is chosen, I need to move reasonably quickly, procrastination is likely to run me $$$ in root canal work before February is done.

Would be great to hear of direct experiences, as opposed to anecdotes. PMs are fine if privacy is important.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post