Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-07-2021, 07:23 PM   #11
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
But... it's not a race... I shouldn't complain, there are people far far worse off than me but I'm getting sick of this treatment.

What will happen some time in 2030 when we decide to open borders and we are at 50% vaccination and daily numbers are in the thousands like other countries??

According to current logic we will be in lockdown... forever.
Well we didnt get to vote for zero covid or whatever one wants to call it (it is basically a zero covid community transmission policy )

It just kind of happened because the authorities wanted it that way?

Most other countries never did that, and it likely wouldnt be tolerated in many places if govco's tried it on. There have already been huge numbers in the streets for example in many places from the US to Europe to the UK... and these are places with more freedoms than oz at the moment in many respects.

So yes the only way for no community transmission to continue is constant lockdowns and closed (for the most part) borders.

And yes they tell us when the jab rate increases lockdowns will end, and they will focus on hospitalisation numbers rather than cases... but other times they say vaccination doesn't mean end of lockdowns or borders open.. Hunt has said that a few times for example... re-iterated it.

I guess those who dont want to keep living in a closed border country where travel is banned (exemption aside) and zero community transmission is the goal have to go somewhere else where these things arent policy... I cant really see another way at the moment for those who arent pleased with the current situation.

We shall see if the overlords change their tune if the jab rate increases.