Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-05-2020, 05:59 PM   #1
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Default Paint covered by warranty

So I have a Holden Astra VXR which is still under warranty but the clear coat has just started to lift on the bonnet. Is this sort of thing covered under warranty normally? I note that overseas there has been issues with this particular colour in the Astras.

You can see the cracks appearing in the clear coat. That line in the middle of the patch that is lifting lines up with the cracking. There doesn't appear to be a stone chip there.

This picture has me wondering if the bonnet had been repaired predelivery. See the few pits in the paint I have circled. Other than that there is no obvious signs of a respray. There is no overspray anywhere and when you pop the bonnet you can see the underside of the outer skin. There is no damage to be seen under there.

The only problem is I bought the car secondhand with only around 10000km on the clock. At the time the seller assured me that the vehicle had never had an accident and as I said there is no evidence to show that it has but who knows. There is another spot where the clear coat is lifting as well but no pics of that.

The car is under 5 years old, still covered by warranty and has around 35000km on the clock. Is it worth pursuing or am I wasting my time?

Last edited by naddis01; 25-05-2020 at 06:09 PM.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post