The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-01-2019, 12:23 PM   #15
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Insuring a modified car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat007 View Post
That's something that annoys me. I'm one of those owners. Other than my rear tyres getting a bit low from time to time, I make sure my car is VERY well maintained and any sort of knock, shake, noise or rattle I investigate and repair immediately.

Something 99% of the public here would never do.

I'm a Kiwi and we have 6 monthly road worthys (which we call 'warrant of fitness'). If the car is less than 3 years old its every 12 months I think.

It means you know, for the most part, that the cars on the road have been tested at worst 6 months ago for a road worthy. Blows my mind that this isn't a thing anywhere here in Aussie

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
In the NT a brand new car doesn't need a roadworthy for 5 years after registration. Any car over 5 years old and a roadworthy is required every two years.

In saying that there are some serious ****boxes on the road as the "locals" will buy one that is roadworthy and then run it into the ground and when it's trashed and due for it's next roadworthy it is dumped on the side of the road and then they will go out and buy another one that has recently passed a roadworthy.