Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-08-2017, 12:08 PM   #1
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Fake police, what should you do?

"WOULD-BE carjackers have used red and blue lights to impersonate police in an attempted carjacking in Melbourne’s north.

A police spokeswoman said a woman noticed a car with flashing lights as she was driving along the Hume Highway near Rushwood Drive, about 8.20pm on Wednesday.

The woman stopped, thinking the silver VE Holden was police, and four men got out of the car.

The men tried to break into her car while demanding she hand it over.

The woman was escaped unharmed and drove off and the group of men, believed to be of African appearance, followed her south along the Hume Freeway. She last saw them at Cooper St.

The spokeswoman said anyone who suspected a police vehicle was fake should immediately call 000 or drive to the nearest police station.

Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential report at crimestoppersvic.com.au" HeraldSun.

I would say these days I would NEVER pull over for an unmarked possibly detective or HWP police car at night time, doesnt matter where I am. Especially out in the bush. Just keep going to the nearest town to a Police station. You couldnt get in trouble for being in a "police chase" surely.
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post