Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2015, 09:16 PM   #1
coolozzieguy

Default MyFord Extended Warranty: Thoughts

Hi All,

I am looking at getting a new Fiesta ST, and doing a salary sacrifice over 5 years.

This means that I also want to purchase a 'MyFord' extended warranty so that I can cover the car for the two remaining years of my lease. However when you go to the Ford website, there appears to be three different kind of extended warranties. See the link below:

http://www.ford.com.au/ownership/myf...ers/warranties

I have read the PDS documents for each and found it difficult to see any real differences. I have always swayed toward the idea that an extended FACTORY warranty was usually better as this means you are not tied to a particular dealer, but all three of these seem to infer that you can go to any 'participating dealer', but it doesn't say what these are.

If you read the PDS for the third option, and select the 'advantage' option this seems to cover most of the bigger items that will cost the biggest dollars.

I know people bang on about "nah you're getting ripped off if you buy these, just take them to VCAT and they will cover it" blah blah, but with a paid system you usually get action fairly quickly, and don't have to take months fighting it.

I just fear 6 months after the warranty expires that the timing belt snaps and lunches the engine, or the gearbox lets go, or the turbo sucks itself into the manifold, etc. and I am up for a huge cost.

So my question is: Has anyone used any of these before? Have you needed them? Which of the three did you go with, and did you need to make any claims, and how were they handled?

I hope to be a blue oval owner again soon, just want to make it a pleasant one after the warranty expires.

Thanks.
Shorter UltraRide shocks to suit F/R.
30mm Whiteline Swaybar.

2010 TB Hyundai Getz. 4dr, 5sp Manual, 1.6L.
Enough Said.

Boggo October 2014 WZ Fiesta ST, Spirit Blue.
Gives me Wiiiiiiiiiiiiings!
coolozzieguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post