Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2015, 03:34 PM   #1
Lunch
Wait, what?

Default You know you're getting old when...

A couple weeks ago i was off on 1 of my many 'nowhere in particular' drives through the hills when all of a sudden i had the urge to find a quiet no through road, flick the esc off and rip out a burnout, i chose the road, but before i could choose a spot i got distracted by the view, 10 minutes later i was on my way without disturbing the serenity, a few years ago i would've torn the serenity down and spat in its face.
I've never denied that I'm getting on in years ( my knees remind me daily ) but i didnt think i was that far gone, if you had of told me when i was just starting to drive that 1 day id prefer to sight of rolling hills to the sound of a turbo boosting, tyres screeching and smoke billowing, I'd probably have suggested that you find yourself an institution, the kind with comfy walls.

So there it is, i know im old because of that
Surely im not the only person thats had a reality moment like this?

(Doesnt mean im getting rid of the turbo btw)
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post