Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2014, 09:46 PM   #11
karj
XY Falcon

Default Re: Rolf has been found guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd View Post
Just a point of information as to the catholic priests allegedly being the worst offenders in the world - it couldn't be further from the truth.

Of all vocations priests rank amongst the lowest percentage in the world of sexual offenders - with less than 1 percent being offenders.

Amongst the highest percentile of offenders are judges, police, and the worst are the boy-scouts.
Further, you're 8 times more likely to be offended against as a child by a relative than you are by a priest; a far cry from the images perpetrated by the media. If journalists weren't scared they'd blow the lid off the religion of peace - and the endemic of underage marriages from men to pre-teenagers.

If you haven't been able to figure out why the catholic church has the royal commission into it (in big bold type) and other religions (in small font) then I'll lay it out for you:
John McTiernan advocated the royal commission based on the fact that if he makes Catholicism look bad, then enough stupid people will think lots of Catholics are inherently bad. Why would he do this? Well, his boss the former PM Gillard, was going into an election against a practicing Catholic who was once going to be a priest no less. Coincidence?
Sorry, but the whole thing was politicized from the beginning.
I'm not defending Catholic priests, but the off the cuff remarks of a smear campaign started by a political animal fighting for survival by defamation of a large group of people has really gone on too long.
By all means expose the predators and lock them up, but don't fall for a political campaign started by a hack trying every dirty trick in the book to smear the opponent.
The Royal Commission isn't about paedophile priests; it's about institutional responses to child sexual abuses.

I also disagree that this RC was politically motivated, my recollection is that our pollies (both NSW state Liberal & Federal Labor) resisted calls for the RC until the very last moment when it just became too big to ignore and people across Australia were howling for some sort of action.

FWIW, despite being an athiest, I'm not at all antagonistic towards people of religion. I was educated at a Catholic school and I adored the parish priest attached to the school. A kinder and more genuine person you would never meet. However, I am highly critical of the Catholic Church and other organisations for the way they have managed (and continue to manage) cases of child sexual abuse.
6 users like this post: