Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2014, 12:00 AM   #1
Evgeni
Auto Nerd

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: In recognition of the many hours spent scanning information for the benefit of AFF members. 
Default Protection against road rage.

Got home tonight and the wife tells me she was road raged by some brave soul. She drives a 4 cyl camry, pov pack, so hardly a menacing presence on the road.
4pm Syd peak hour, anyway she tries to change into the left lane and this p*ick accelerates so she couldn't get in. Fair enough, she is happy to slot in afterwards, but the traffic stopped. When it gets going again, he is slow of the mark, so she ducks into the lane in order to turn left into the next street.
He now goes off his nut and crosses to the right lane and pulls in front of her, slams on the brake and gets out banging on the windows and yelling. My three kids were in the back, petrified whilst he was making a few threats to trash the car.

I'm thinking a dash cam would be handy - wouldn't stop something like this, but at least we could follow it up if anything did happen.
Thankfully it was peak hour and there were a lot of others beeping this guy to get moving.

Happy to hear of any other things people have done to avoid, or deal with road rage losers.

Evgeni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post