Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-11-2005, 11:45 PM   #1
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default T5 Conversion

G'day guys,

Now I know I have an AU, but seeing you guys have done the most manual conversions here it'd be best to ask you lot.

I picked up a AU T5 with:
- Flywheel (Just been machined & lightened)
- Bell Housing
- Brackets
- Bolts
- Dust Cover

The box is in good condition, and has done 40,000 kms. How much will a rebuild or service cost on the gearbox?

Now, I'm about to go through and order a Clutch Cable, and speak to Mal Wood about the Clutch Pin Adapter, so I don't need a full new Pedal Box.

Now, about Clutches, can anyone recommend a good clutch. I've heard and read good things about Xtreme Clutches in SA. I'm after a light clutch, will the PBR Heavy Duty one will be fine, or shall I go for an Xtreme Clutch?

Now, ECU... I didn't get a manual ECU, so I'm gonna do the Hack on mine, or I'm gonna try and pick up a XR6 Manual ECU.

Now the Interior, I'll obviously get a gear boot trimmed up, and a nice gear knob. So that's all sweet.

How do you go about making the shifter shorter? I'll eventually get a short-throw shifter... But do you just trim down the shifter? Anyone that does it?

Is there anything else i'm missing out? And does anyone know anywhere that can fit it? I know It's Performance will fit it for $400 (but they are in NSW), anyone really in Melbourne? Any good recommendations? I'll have a talk to my local mechanic, but I have a feeling he's gonna wanna charge a bomb.

Cheers

P.S. Is anyone interested in a Low km 4-Speed Auto? $900ono.