Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #11
prasac
Banned

Default Re: E85 vs THE REST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose
So Pras, are you saying that we dont need to worry too much about the inconsistency from the bowser?Tested the Flex at Moorebank yesterday and found it to be about 72%

May end up doing a United 85% tune and that way I can just switch between the 2 tunes
i think it depends on your tune n combo. still check it, we just may have been very lucky. i'd hate for someone to go out n lose an engine. it was more a comment on how resilient we found it in our car.

most people i know never tune E85 right on the edge anyway, there is no need to, even a little fat, mid 11 AFR's it makes the same power if not more.

we have a very safe tune it is 11.5-11.7 AFR down the track, if its off 5% here or there we aren't too fussed, i take 8% fuel out it goes to about 12.1 AFR.

video of the car going down the track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mnVSyD92vw

we noticed something was wrong in the burnout, the car didn't sound as crisp. we don't log FP so we had to rely on what the driver told us. amazingly even with 2 pumps out, only revving to 6200rpm it still ran a 9.5@142, at least we now know what it can run with 1 pump working

the United stuff is awesome, what i think saved us is that it has a higher ethanol content, it's more around 90% than E85. in the very near future we are going to just run E98 at the track. should pickup more torque and power.

we are even tossing around the idea of losing the intercooler and running it straight in, let the fuel cool it down. i think power may drop 30-50hp, if it does, back on the intercooler we don't make the big power that we can afford to lose 50hp.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post