Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
Mickey6050
Starter Motor

Default New Mondeo

Hi All.

I have bought a new Mondeo, MC TDCI Titanium, Black.

Here are some observations and thoughts.

It's a lovely car, very good looking from the front (mother in-law thinksit's too aggressive, got to be a good thing). The rear end, not so good butpassable.

I think the wagon is the best looking wagon on the road today.

I'm up to about 5K without a hitch.

I’ve read some comments re take off flat spot and have felt the half seconddelay or lack to acceleration but as I get used the car and how to drive adiesel (my first) it seems to happen less now. When she hit her straps it allgo and have no problems merging with traffic.

Love the active cruise control. Don't like the controls on different sidesof the wheel, would prefer the Territory set up where you can coast and resumeon the same side.

There doesn't appear to be a protective stop gate on the gear shift toprevent it going into reverse whilst still going forward?? I can sit stationarywith the motor on and just keep moving between park and drive??

Auto wipers and auto headlights are great, lane drift warning is good too.

Courtesy lights in the car are good, the ones under the wing mirrors aregreat, very nice touch.

Especially like the amber warning light in the wing mirrors advising of avehicle in my blind spot.

Reasonably good fuel economy, I don't drive to achieve a good figure, mygeneral driving is in 50 and 60 K speed zones and I get 7.8 L/100 K.

A recent trip to Margaret River from Perth returned 6.8 L/100 K.

I do think the engine is a bit noisy, but when I'm inside with the windowsup I don't notice it so not really a problem for me.

Drives very well, turns into corners great.

I am a bit worried by the lack of Mondeo’s I see on the road, hope I haven'tbought something that might be difficult to sell in the future. Ford don't seem to be advertising them either?

I love the keyless entry, works a treat with the push button start.

I love the electronic gadgetry that more expensive cars are boasting about,love the drive, beautiful paint very nice and sparkley.

Oh yea I love the USB connection, the sales man didn't even know about it, Ifound it by accident when I was connecting my iPod though the connection usinga cable I read about on this site, so thanks for that. Great sound, loveturning it up.

The phone blue tooth connection is great, I just have a Nokia phone and itworks great, goes into my contacts, last calls, redial etc.

I do think Ford missed the mark by leaving out the sat nav. For this moneyit should be there, a reversing camera would be nice too, I must confess tobeing a little wary of reversing the Mondeo, could be a new car also.

Kind regards
Michael

Mickey6050 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post