Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Default Hunting for plushness in ride

OK so it looks like I will be doing a bit of car swapping with the partner, she will be taking the Fairmont (AU2) early next year.

What I want to do is return the car to be more focussed on plushness than looks/handling that it has now. Current spec is the Ebaich Pro Kit with KYB shocks to match...to be honest its control is very good, but its too harsh for her and the kids on a daily basis.

Catch is I upgraded the brakes to BA XR8 spec, so I have G6E 17's on it currently to clear brakes. I would like to keep these rims as they look good and all the tread is newish too.

So, in the short term I cannot increase the profile of the tyres; and moreso can I even if I wanted too?

Secondly, what springs should I be looking at? I dont want it 4x4 height but something between where it sits now and stock would be good.

What shocks should I get? Koni/Billies et al would be overkill for what the car will be doing. Im thinking Monroe but they are pretty...well..standard I guess.

Ill have to get the bushes etc looked at too, I will be sticking with factory spec rubber ones.

Any suggestions would be great, it feels odd returning to this state but its for the greater good at the moment. Cheers

• 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post